How you found SMA?

DreamKnight

Quick question for our members here. How did you find SMA? Just wanted to get some info about that so we can see where we need to work on to get the word out. Was it from Scott's Vid or someone elses Vid? Google search? Word of mouth? Forced to some here by men in black?

Thanks!

I started with Model man Tom, he mentioned Scott, started watching the videos, and then checked out the site.

A suggested viewing video on youtube which brought me in for the SMA big Spring contest. Now I never leave, kinda like the hotel California.

Just stumbled on his x-wing videos somehow, probably while searching for some info on it when I built mine. After watching a few I was pretty much hooked, even though I'm mainly an armor builder I thoroughly enjoyed what he did and how he did it.

He reminds us that the hobby is fun and doesn't take things too seriously.

Then yeah, I found my way here and all that. ;D

I came across him about half way through the Red-6 build. Was looking for model and Airbrushing vids on Youtube.

Jingles said:
It was in the last place I looked. Isn't that always the way?

Seriously, I stumbled upon Scott's YouTube videos while watching Sleepylafiel's vids. It was nice to see someone that didn't focus on the minutia of modeling.

Jingles.

dito!

I stumbled on the SMA Spring Contest-add on some site that I don't remember now as all I can remember is the crazy rock'n roll dude with a orange thingy on his head and I was hooked ;D

For the life of me, I can't remember how I found SMA (must be the "sometimers" kicking in).

I think one of the guys in Moncton (whom he is related to) had mentioned him, so I checked out the videos, then found out he was a local boy (same province and about a 2hr drive away).

Then found out what he did for a living (designing websites), which I just happened to be in the market for, and the rest they say is history...........

Not sure. I think I found Scott's videos randomly on youtube, probably from a related video link. Joined up for the spring contest.

Well I found SMA while crossing the third level of the candy cane forest then through the valley of thwirly whirly gum drops...... Nah really tho, I was getting back into modeling after a wonderful women nudged me (MORE LIKE PUSHED) me back into it hahaha. I was looking to add some lighting to a Cylon Raider and found ModelMan Tom's You Tube site. After studying his videos like a good little padawan learner, I ran into the awsomeness that is SCALEMODELADDICT! Yes, thats good ol' Scott. Started watching his videos as he was still building the SMA site. Been coming back ever since. I just want to say that this is a really awsome site. Better than I have run across in the past. The things I love most, as DreamKnight says alot, I love the way the people on the site encourage having fun with the hobbie. I like to build for accuracy, but I like to build for fun more! If I want to put Vadar riding in the place of R2D2 in an X-Wing holding reins around Lukes pilot neck, I can (haha not that I would). Point is people here are encouraging and awsome. Even if looking at a model you built is like looking at an ugly baby thats yours, they still say," You did good, no no he's not ugly, its just the light he's in. Rock on SMA!!! You got my support!! ;)

I think I found SMA via youtube... A reference in someone else's video that I paused and took the time to look for. Very glad I did because even though the particular video wasn't something I would do a search for it was interesting led to a number of other channels to watch.

I then had a look over the site and decided to have a go at something new, so I signed up and bought a model to join a group build. Not done any scale modelling before but I'm having fun 8)

i started to really get into model making, and saw scott, he actually subscribed to my channel, so i checked his stuff out and i was impressed, it wasn't until about a half a year later that i joined SMA

Latest posts

Back