Hobby Boss A-10 Thunderbolt II 1/48

Hodges

Hey all!

HBB80323.jpg

I love this plane and I've had my eye on this kit ever since I learned the very basics of what makes a good kit. I know it's expensive, but I took the plunge.

I'm not really sure where I'm going to head in terms of paint/markings but I'll sort that out as I go. Besides decals possibly, everything is going to be straight out of the box.

Here's the instrument panel, I used a few coats of future for the first time to make some of the glass gauges pop out.
img1082wt.jpg

And here's the ejection seat, based on the ACES II.
img1088l.jpg

img1085j.jpg

And here are some shots of the whole tub.
img1096av.jpg

img1097x.jpg

I've got a few photos to show my progress (sorry for the bad lighting!)

You have the option of posing a panel on the engines nacelles open so I experimented with detailing the engines with alclad II paints

img1107r.jpg

img1111r.jpg

img1113a.jpg

tail sub assembly

img1106rn.jpg

And here's the cannon all built bu not painted yet (Apparently only the end of the barrels is visible so I might just play around and experiment with painting the rest since it will be sealed up in the fuselage anyways

img1104m.jpg

Thanks JMac!

And about the engines, I was really just experimenting with the paint for the first time, and I found the steel to be too dark and the aluminum to be too light. So, I think I'm going to give those engines a go-over with a mix of both to reduce the contrast and make it look more realistic.

This thing rocks, love the gun and the engines, if you can you should leave the gun out of the plane. Would be a shame to hide such beauty.....what do you guys think ???

Keep 'em coming those pics!

That is one mean looking engine and gun!

I love what you did with the instrument panel too.

A bit of progress! Some of the major seams need attention, although you can't see it in the photo.

img1118y.jpg

Latest posts

Back