Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070 & M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi Traler

adampolo13

Alright folks,

As some of you know I got this kit a while ago and I have been dying to get going on it. Well, I decided to take the plunge and have two builds going on simultaniously. This and the A-10 over in the Aircraft W.I.P.

Anyways, this build is going to be pretty much strait OOB with the addition of Eduard's Interior Set and a set of Def Model's resin wheels that I found on Sprue Brothers website. They were the only place in the U.S. that had them. Just like Spud, I don't like paying a lot for shipping. :p

My plan of attack is to build the trailer first. I've come across a few builds online that did it this way and I think that will be the way to go.

Here are a few "inspirational" pictures for you all:

2012-11-18_12-58-11_334.jpg

2012-11-18_13-00-26_741.jpg

DefModels.png

Hope this is going to be a fun ride!!!

UM, Adam you forgot to put the progress pics in your last post. You've got to atleast have the trailer done by now right? ;D

Looking forward to this! I have the same kit in the stash, and there are a LOT of parts in the box!

Would love to have a set of those wheels, but they are like half the price of the kit itself....little pricey I thought for what is basically just a copy of the kit wheels, but with the weighted bulge on them.

ah, this is the big bad boy you mentioned at the show. Very cool Adam. This will keep you busy for a while for sure.

i got a Deal on the Engine for mine of someone who is selling it so i grabbed it. it Pays to wait :)

Looking forward to this Adam. ill be starting mine after Christmas once i acquire all the parts i want

Elm City Hobbies said:
what is basically just a copy of the kit wheels, but with the weighted bulge on them.

I'll do a compairison of the Kit Wheels vs. the Resin Wheels in this thread as soon as I recieve them.

I thought all the pressure was on Aaron?

Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain...

Construction on this starts tomorrow but I should have a review of the wheels up tonight.

Why did you buy those Resin tires.....Man ? Ouch !

I don't recall the kit's tires to be that bad Adam ?? But if you have all that extra cash to throw at it .... why stop there...?

Engine set, Cabin Set, Photo Etch Interior set, Radios and Blue Force set !!!

Go for it ! (just joking)

I'll be looking at this from a distance !! and learning from your adventure !!! The Trailer isn't for the faint of heart !!!

schweinhund227 said:
Why did you buy those Resin tires.
Engine set, Cabin Set, Photo Etch Interior set, Radios and Blue Force set !!!

Hey Norm, good to see you hanging around.
I bought the tires because after building up the Bronco 88 I really never want to have anything to do with vinyl ever again. Haha. Actually, the kit wheels have a seam on them that I thought would be hard to clean up but who knows. Also, the resin ones have enough of a bulge that I liked them.

In terms of the Engine, Cabin and all that other stuff, I did get the Eduard Interior set. Hobby Boss forgot the seat belts....

Hopefully I do this kit some justice and don't let the SMA Herd down...

Not so fast Adam. Dont go trying to switch the attention back to me. This is the M1070 show all the way. Haha.

I don't want the attention!!!

Isn't it the Christmas season??? Shouldn't all the attention be on this "SecretSanta" fellow????

Latest posts

Back