Hey all!

Ziz

Hey guys (and girls....I'm guessing)

Those of you who frequent StarshipModeler know me. Just wanted to announce my presence to the rest of you.

[shameless plug]
And for those of you here that are Trek kitbashers, check out my GK business, Modular Models. I don't sell "ships", I sell the parts a la carte so you can mix and match to build what you want. I just added a bunch of new 1000 scale Trek conversion parts, mostly TOS but I've started in on some Refit stuff, and there's even an Excelsior/E-B part I think people will like. I have plans for LOTS more TOS, Refit and Excelsior stuff so keep checking back from time to time.
[/shameless plug]

Hi Ziz ...Welcome to the site .Enjoy your stay ;D

Chris.

Hey Ziz,
kewl schtuff!!!!!!!
Do you have "Plans"on how to use the custome parts to actually build the "Classes" of ships that they are from?
;D;D;D

Mike - more or less. My two main sources for ideas and reference are Jaynz and Jackill. I take their drawings, scan them, scale them to kit size and start building my masters. I try to stay as true to the drawings as possible but, admittedly, I do take a little creative/artistic license here and there because the details and proportions don't always line up perfectly from one view to another. I've also had to back-engineer some drawings to create isolated views of certain parts.

As for class names, I'm going with either what's commonly known (Coventry, Surya, Federation, etc) or in the case of more unique parts, I'm just picking the name of the particular ship I pulled the part from. I've also designed a few "fill in the blank" parts - different size and detail combinations that were missing when I sorted out drawings of similar designs - in which case I've asked Neale or Eric for class names and more detailed drawings.

Bottom line is I'm not just making these up as I go along, I do have a plan for what will come out and how it will look. What I don't have a plan for is what will come out next. I work on several masters at once so I just release whatever gets finished first.

Oh yeah, I recognized some of the class names.
I was just curious because I might like to build some of those classes, but would need directions. :)
So, for example, I bought from you components to make a Surya, would you be able to give me axamples or deirections on how to make one of that class?
;D

For a Surya, you need the Surya hull (obviously), the Medium Pylon Pack and then you'd have to salvage a production bridge dome and pair of nacelles from a PL TOS E. The Surya and pylons come with "necessary" decals - stuff that's unique to those parts. Pennants, registries and such you'll have to get from JT, JBot or some other aftermarket decal maker.

Just to get some thoughts going - here's some idea pics.

This is a TOS style Miranda roll bar made from the TOS Weapons pack and Thin Pylon Pack. That's sitting on top of the master for the Coventry hull when I was still working on that part.
5080439382_f8fd6b3335_z.jpg

This is a TOS pilot era tug design.
5304563935_0f79c93e85_z.jpg
5304564373_2d23cc77ac_z.jpg
That's using the Sarda hull, multi-scale lower sensor dome, Burke class nacelles, Thin Pylon Pack, Short container top, 1 TOS shuttle bay and 2 blank container bottoms, 2 standard end caps and container attachment plate. Bridge dome, deflector dish and nacelle greeblies are salvaged from a PL TOS E kit.

Yeah, primary hulls come with the standard lower sensor dome and slot for the dorsal along with whatever other details are standard on the PL kit. The Masao primary hull and the new Heston and Prometheus secondary hulls all have removable shuttle bays as well.

Latest posts

Back