Hello all from Raleigh NC!

PilotJon777

Hello everyone! I'm getting back into model building after a 15-year absence, and am looking at some new techniques in use for our hobby! Looking forward to hanging out with you all!

Hello everyone! I'm getting back into model building after a 15-year absence, and am looking at some new techniques in use for our hobby! Looking forward to hanging out with you all!
Hi and welcome to the forum. What kind of builds are you into? Post plenty of photos and ask as many questions as you want. Pantherman

Hi there! I mostly build plastic aircraft and car models, and also a few wood ship models. I am trying to get information on using acrylic paints on the plastic models and techniques such as what mix ratios people use and what liquids- water, thinner, etc...

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd, Jon! I look forward to seeing your builds!

Best regards
Brad

Hi there! I mostly build plastic aircraft and car models, and also a few wood ship models. I am trying to get information on using acrylic paints on the plastic models and techniques such as what mix ratios people use and what liquids- water, thinner, etc...
I mainly use vallejo paints, especially when hand painting. They spray ok but you have to tweek the mix for each colour as some are more viscous than others.

I do like tamiya for spraying large area's and I nearly always thin them 50% paint to 50% tamiya thinner.

If spraying vallejo then generally the same mix with a drop or two of flow improver, but as I said, sometimes it might be 40% paint 55% thinner and 5% flow improver.

Generally lot's of thin coats to build up the colour rather than soaking the build in one thick coat. Allow a day between coats, especially with tamiya.

Well, that's my way but I'm sure after alot of trying different advice and methods you will eventually have your own way of doing things. The main thing is to have a bit of fun getting there rather than worry about getting it right. Pantherman

I'm looking to have a '55 Chevy built, do you know of anywhere around Raleigh that I could pay to have it built?

Latest posts

Back