Hello

Relic Models

Hello all,

Like many others I've been in and out of the hobby for quite some time. It wasn't until the last 7 years or so did I actually start, or attempt, to go at it full time. At first I got into model planes after visiting a local airshow. It's an easy bug to catch after seeing the real thing up close, so I immediately went out and purchased my kit and supplies. The process was slow because I really wanted to learn all the techniques. This of course turned me into an armchair modeler for quite some time, but I did learn a lot.

While waiting for the paint to dry, so to speak, I ended up getting involved in RC planes. I built a plane from scratch, which was a great feeling seeing it fly. It was a nice trainer plane that kept me busy for a good year or so. This of course took me away from model planes, but I was still happy since I got to fly them now.

Of course I soon realized that you had to wake up at the crack of dawn just to fly in decent conditions. This worked for a while, but it got old fast. I then decided to join a local model railroad club and traded in my wings for rails. I learned a lot about layout construction, electrical wiring, DCC, scenery and weathering. Unfortunately, you need a lot of space to run trains so I ended up going back to my roots, which is kit building.

I have a tendency to get bored pretty quick so changing it up is a necessity for me in this hobby. I'm a big Sci-fi fan and became hooked on Maschinen Krieger a few years back too. I now have an interest in all model things. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to contributing to the community. And I'm hoping to actually finish a model or two this year. My biggest challenge is finishing a project–let's hope I can change that too.

Regards,
Burt

Welcome to the herd Burt.
Part of the hobby too, is to find the ZEN of modeling.
A point where you relax and just build. Where time can disappear and stay focused.

Jim

Latest posts

Back