Hello From NEW ORLEANS

been reading the fourms for about 10 months I just returned to modeling after a long "Katrina" induced hiatus. Thanks everyone for inspiring me to get back in to things. Been A hard process starting over. I use to have tons of kits and spare parts an intire self of paints and supplies. I didn't realize Now that I am trying to replace the paints and supplies I spent that much money on all this stuff. One thing i do miss is my spare parts box. I had 3 tackel boxes full of greeblely type things and spare parts. Now that I tell my wife i am going to the hobby store she hides my wallet.

DW,

Welcome to th HERD Sorry to hear about th Hurricane induced hiatus. One thing to remember about rebuilding th Stash .... It took years to build, but now you're trying to build it back in a short amount of time ! God Speed brother !! Now's th time to try new products ,that you may have dissmissed because you had a back log of either paint or pigments. It could be a Very Exciting Time !!!

Since you've been Lurking for a few months noww .. You already know that Th HERD is Free with Tips ,Tricks , Chains & W.I.P.S. !! ;D

I look forward to seein your Work ...... Oh ... If We sit down to play "Space Chess" ... I'll let you win ! ;D

Star Wars Chess

One of the No so New but new things that i am trying out is acrrylic paints both testor and tamyia.. I find them easier to use than enamels. and they don't stink up the house. I watched Badgrendels and Modelmantoms and SMConsortium's youtube videos. they are great. It refreshed my memory on skills. and changed my way of doing things I can remember being stuck on in the past. I wish i could of entered the contest I started a Mi-24 hind d back on the 24 of may i am at the future coat phase then decals. hopefully my cheapo testor airbrush and propellent can can handle future!

well.. my canopy skills aren't that hot.I am staring at it now, it sucks..
I think the 2nd kit i ever built when i was a kid was the Revell HInd. So this was a revisit to my childhood. I begged my mom for it so bad. i built it in a day a tube of super glue and a butter knife. That day i learn super glue turns clear plastic into not clear plastic and super glue sticks everything together. I didn't even know i needed paint to make it look like the box. Now from what skills i had before the hiatis and the tips and techniques here and on the web. The hind i started on the 24th looks 100 times better than that superglued trash heap i created when i was 11.

Great to see you here. Looking forward to chatting with you in the forum.

Cheers
Jim

Latest posts

Back