Hello from near London

Theapplechap

Hi to all on the SMA forum!
Seems like I'm not the only person from around London in the UK, so hi to you guys as well.

I'm recently disabled, and in truth, my Worlds been turned upside down. I have to admit that I was at a bit of a loss as to what I was going to be able to do, when one of my (6!) doctors prescribed me model making as a way of preventing my fingers from atrophying! I guess not many people get prescribed an Airfix kit!

So I've returned to the hobby after about 35 years and I've been struggling to get back "into shape", modelling-wise, building a few kits and learning new skills, until one of my friends spotted this site, and the Spring Competition, and suggested I joined the forum and coerced me into entering the competition.

One of the symptoms of my condition is that I tend to "go on a bit" when I speak or write (which you've probably already noticed!), but it does mean that the posts on my build will be very "rich in content!", so many be humorous/interesting/helpful to those that take the time to read them.

So, if you'd like to check out "what the doctor ordered", please make a visit to my build at the link below, as unlike a lot of entrants to the competition (who are probably established members), I've not had a lot of feedback, which I need to help me when I get stuck (which I will), let me know how I'm getting on and finally to cheer me on!

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,8975.0.html

A huge thanks for stopping by and saying Hi.

Cheers

Alan

Welcome aboard.
Sorry to hear why you're back in the hobby, but glad to have you with us

Latest posts

Back