Hello from Japan!

SABI

Hi all. I'm an American living in Japan. I go by the name SabiHobby. Sabi means rust in Japanese.
I make original design robots, tanks, and flying things in my spare time. I use anything available to me from plastic spoons, candy packages, model kits, etc. Anything that has a cool shape or texture.

Here's some of the stuff I build

.IMG_3219.jpegIMG_2423.jpegIMG_2530.jpegIMG_2737.jpeg

Welcome to the Herd, Sabi! Nice builds! They remind me of the style of Maschinen Krieger, too.
I look forward to seeing more of your builds!
Best regards,
Brad

Looks great!!! Welcome, post lots of pictures, dig deep into older posts for help and ideas.

Hi all. I'm an American living in Japan. I go by the name SabiHobby. Sabi means rust in Japanese.
I make original design robots, tanks, and flying things in my spare time. I use anything available to me from plastic spoons, candy packages, model kits, etc. Anything that has a cool shape or texture.

Here's some of the stuff I build

.View attachment 103739View attachment 103740View attachment 103741View attachment 103742
Hi, I'm Greg and I am also an American living in Japan. I'm in Gunma Prefecture. Where are you located? I used to live in Shizuoka Prefecture and attend the Shizuoka Hobby Show every year. I got to know people working in the industry too. Actually, I worked for Aoshima for a brief, 8-month stint. It's nothing to brag about and I was one of many who quit. That was 7 years ago. The highlight is that through that company, I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the Kentucky Wonder Fest event in June 2016 as I went there on business.

Hi, I'm Greg and I am also an American living in Japan. I'm in Gunma Prefecture. Where are you located? I used to live in Shizuoka Prefecture and attend the Shizuoka Hobby Show every year. I got to know people working in the industry too. Actually, I worked for Aoshima for a brief, 8-month stint. It's nothing to brag about and I was one of many who quit. That was 7 years ago. The highlight is that through that company, I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the Kentucky Wonder Fest event in June 2016 as I went there on business.
Hey Greg! Small world. I'm in the countryside, nearest cities are Shibukawa and Maebashi. Where are you?
I haven't been to Shizuoka yet. I used to live in Saitama and would make weekly trips into Tokyo.

We're practically neighbors! So do you frequent Tomaru Mokei in Shibukawa? Mulsanne and Hobby the Tomy in Maebashi?

Latest posts

Back