Hello from Afghanistan!!

ThunderGrunt

Had you intrested from the start huh!

Any my name is Eugene and I am from San Diego, Ca but as you can see currently on Uncle Sam paid mountainous combat vacation. I used to build when i was a kid and all thru High school and stopped when I entered the Military, and picked it back up as a motivator during rehabilitation from Injuries I recived in OIF. I kept it up here and there and then got serious in 2009 after going to my first National Convention, after that I got the bug back and it was all over from there mostly collecting kits and parts and research but not many builds. I was originally just intrested in 1/48 Modern US Fighters but always had a love for the Warbirds P-51 and Me-109's so got a few revell kits but never tried, then I saw a Ship at a local meet and wanted to try one so got a few of those and buiilt a couple, plus I had 2 wonderful mentors for ships and modelling in general at my local, IPMS Mr. Tony Bunch and Rich Durham, I thank them for keeping me motivated and into the hobby, and after I got a few builds and some peer pressure I decied to try a contest, first local IPMS quarterly which I placed 3rd in with an 1/48 F-4J VMFA-334 #1 the Co's A/C, and then actually made a sister A/C, Vietnam era F-4J's from VMFA-334 #14 by the way for their reunion in San Diego that year, as one of the A/C I made was for a Pilot who lost his life helping Ground Pounders in need, but the RIO survived and lives in SD. So I presented those to the squadron memebrs and it was a night to remember for sure. So I decided to enter them in the Regional and surprise to me I took 2nd in 1/48 Jet. And have been die hard since I like 1/48 Modern US A/C, 1/48 WWII P-51 and 1/35 Armor. I am so happy to see this hobby still going strong and glad to be a new member here. I will post some pics if I figure out how. But Ill be home soon and back to the bench.

Sincerely
Eugene

Here are the 2 F-4J's 1/48 Hasegawa

100_2940.jpg

1st, RESPECT!!

2nd welcome to the forum, ex Canadian armored recce crewman myself, no afghan tours but a couple in Bosnia. I am now serving my last few months as a broken trucker on an AF base.

Looking fwd to seeing your future builds!! :)

first thank you for serving I am a former ground pounder myself 1RCR

Welcome to the forum love the F4's also a big P-51 fan myself really want one of the new 1/32 ones :).

Welcome Eugene... Glad to have you here.And Thank You for your service!

Latest posts

Back