Hello and could use a recommendation

mmulanaxjr

Hello all,
I'm Matt, and I'm getting back into scale modeling after a long absence. My first project is the Dragon M1A2 SEP Abrams battle tank. I could use a recommendation on tweezers for all the fine detail parts. I have had a part shoot out of my current fine point set and was not able to locate it. Any help is appriciated. Thanks

Hey Matt i think you aint teh first person this has happened to, but mabe the reverse type twesers may help. you press them together to open and when you let go they clamp

and Welcome to SMA. looking forward to seeing your M1

hello matt. my advice would either be to grab one from the wife lol. i did and they work great. you can go to either your local hobby shops and/or craft stores. they usually have at least some of what you need. if that fails theres always ordering a pair online. theres a tamiya site thats pretty good and theres also ELM CITY HOBBIES. definately worth checking out

Hey matt, I gotta back up Spud on this one. Def get a pair of the reverse closing tweezers. I just got a pair and they are beyond helpful!!!

I find that the locking tweezers can also easily send parts flying if you don't have the part situated in the tweezers well. I have a pair of normal and locking tweezers, but both are angled and I really need to get a pair of straight tweezers.

Like yourself ive just recently gotten back into the hobby, and ill have to agree with spud there a reverse tweezers or as i have a small reverse clamp, it is very handing for holding small parts in a workvice, id also recommend goin in the make up dept, ie the missus's makeup case, ive a couple with pointed and angled heads, all will find their use, id also recommend a couple of good scalpel handles as diff shaped blades will have diff uses, and the handles will also hold fine saw blades and scribing tools, here is a link to a very good quality builder of tools, ive used some and can highly recommend his products, if your building up a tool kit he is worth a look, prices are quite reasonable too.
http://www.radubstore.com/
Hope this helps you man! :D

i agree with sam up their, my fiance seems to have the best tweezers!! for missing parts i always use a flash lite flat against the floor and look for shadows!! oh and welcome!!! :)

Latest posts

Back