Hello, Im a Newbie Here, Recently retired and getting back into my childhood hobby of car models.

I cant find my airbrush. Any recommendations for a new one that wont break the bank? I have a compressor and a regulator and dryer that should keep my costs down.

Thanks, Im trying to match the color on a model kit I have. I found this place on flesbay that has MCS paints, and I ordered their Lemans blue

I cant find my airbrush. Any recommendations for a new one that wont break the bank? I have a compressor and a regulator and dryer that should keep my costs down.
Hah, I found it. It was in the last place I looked lol. Its a Paasche VL set, bought it probably 20 years ago to try some poly carbonate RC building but never got around to it.

Hah, I found it. It was in the last place I looked lol. Its a Paasche VL set, bought it probably 20 years ago to try some poly carbonate RC building but never got around to it.
It is always in the last place you look when you find it :rolleyes: HA HA

Welcome to the forum.

You are going to find out quick that model building has changed since you have done it a long time ago. Even I saw a major difference since I built models as a kid in the 80s. Changed meaning kit quality has increased, 3D printed parts are avaiable so you can add to the accuracy of a kit, or modify it. And there are TONS of paint options.

I know people are suggesting Rustoleum and Krylon products. I like to deter people from thos products. Yes, they can be used on plastic, but they are designed for larger projects. They spray a lot of paint at a time, so you have to practice moving the can quickly and at the right distance so you do not apply too much paint.

Duplicolor spray cans are a little better because they are designed for touch up work. So you might have decent success with those.

But if you really want classic OEM colors, check out MCW Finishes. He has tons of selection and sells his paint in jars ready for airbrushing, or he can put them in a spray can. And if he doesn't have the color you need, send him a paint code and he can make it.

Latest posts

Back