Hello All

Dminor9

Hello Forum Members. I am a 69-year-old, getting back into modeling. My grandson found a Revell 1966 Mustang model in an old trailer on the property they bought in Terlingua Texas. My grandson is 5. He insisted on keeping it. No telling how long it has been sitting in that old trailer. My daughter told him I used to build models all the time. About 30 years ago, I built 20+ plane models. My grandson brought it to me to build with him. It was missing tires and had a few missing parts. I had to go out and buy some supplies. I bought the cheapest set of paint, brushes glue, knife I could find. Turned out to be Testors acrylic paint. The decals were no good, but the model turned out fairly nice. I had to buy an AMT 1968 Z28 for the extra tires. So I ended up putting that together also. I am now kind of hooked back to building models. So I bought a Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans Mobil One 1/24 kit. A bunch of Tamiya paints and supplies, and well, here I am back in the saddle again.

Hello Forum Members. I am a 69-year-old, getting back into modeling. My grandson found a Revell 1966 Mustang model in an old trailer on the property they bought in Terlingua Texas. My grandson is 5. He insisted on keeping it. No telling how long it has been sitting in that old trailer. My daughter told him I used to build models all the time. About 30 years ago, I built 20+ plane models. My grandson brought it to me to build with him. It was missing tires and had a few missing parts. I had to go out and buy some supplies. I bought the cheapest set of paint, brushes glue, knife I could find. Turned out to be Testors acrylic paint. The decals were no good, but the model turned out fairly nice. I had to buy an AMT 1968 Z28 for the extra tires. So I ended up putting that together also. I am now kind of hooked back to building models. So I bought a Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans Mobil One 1/24 kit. A bunch of Tamiya paints and supplies, and well, here I am back in the saddle again.
Hi and welcome. It doesn't take long to get hooked back to a great hobby. Looking forward to seeing your work.
Pantherman

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd, Dminor! And it's great that your grandson wanted to build that kit with you. You two can have a lot of fun working on models together.

Best regards,
Brad

Ok it worked. Here are two more pics of the '68 Camero Z28. This was my warmup model with less than stellar equipment. I used Testor's all in one kit that I used to help my grandson build the '66 Mustang he found in the trailer on their property. The finish has brush marks and the decals disintegrated while trying to put them on. But all in all, it turned out ok. I will post some pics of my Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans build under the Construction heading. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back