Helldiver 1/35 Soft VInyl from Patlabor the movie (original kit : Kaiyodo)

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Will share with you some oldies...

here is the HELLDIVER, it's a labor from Patlabor. An armored soldier for instance seen in Patlabor the movie, and the TV series. It's a 1/35 model kit, soft vinyl, from Kaiyodo. An original one, bought by a friend in Japan back in 1989.
It's hardly articulated, shoulders, have a white metal weapon (didn't make it in one piece since it's flexible and breakable). It's a real beauty even for that time. And really easy to build.

Here is some old photos scanned quickly 12 years ago. It was at "festival de l'imaginaire" (Fantasy Festival) in 2000. Grande Halle à la Villette. I built it and painted it in 2 days. Even ha the time to detailed it, with staples and electric wires.

Years later, local exhibition, maybe 2005, 2006, Really don't know. At least one picture found (others may be on paper). I modified it with a lot of markings, some extra painting and a clear mat coat.

You can see his back with this shot of the Griffin, another Kaiyodo Soft Vinyl kit, same scale.

Here you'll have a better look since it was shot in 2008 at Chibi Japan Expo.

http://anigetter.forums-actifs.com/viewimage.forum?u=http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc206/anigetter/Japan-Expo-Juillet-2008/ANIGetter-JE2008-017.jpg

The Asian guy in the upper left hand corner of the second photo looks like Sulu. Freak'n imposter.

Another classic and well painted model you have there, youli! I've got a few of those in my stash as well.

You are lucky :D

Treasure them ! Even if the master grade kits and the 1/24 toys are incredibles, they don't quite match the "beauty" of the Kaiyodo kits.
Plus, the Helldiver exist only in 1/60 scale plastic if i'm correct.

There is more to see since I've got a Griffin in 1/35 "articulated" from a different company, B-Club.
bclubgriffinsoft135.jpg

And 15 years ago I bought a number of conversion kits, resin parts, made for Bandai 1/60 plastic kits : manga type shoulder, OAV Shoulders (it's different from the movie or TV series), Aqua unit for the Griffin. I've got a lot to do, including the 1/35 Master Grade kits :D

And a BIIIIIIiiiiig Ingram 2 1/24 scale, resin, too... Need to resume its building. Not quite happy with what i've done so far. Need to acquire some assurance on this one.

Latest posts

Back