HD MS-06F-2 ZAKU II F2

B

Black Sheep 1

OK here's my entry in this Gundam thing.
BTW, this is my first Gundam ever! :eek:

OK so this is steps 1 through 10 or page 1 of the instructions.
I have no idea what I'm doing since I can't read Japanese.

So that's it for today, steps 1 through 10.

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Reaction score
Nice! Congratulations on diving into your first Gundam! How do you like the kit so far? Any ideas for paint?

B

Black Sheep 1

I have to admit, putting this all together was fun.
But I'm not going to paint it. I'm going with it as is out of the box.
Maybe later on as I build more I'll venture into painting them but for now it's OOB for me.

Ian

Reaction score
How timely! I built this yesterday at our dining table as the family prepared for xmas. Went together in no time at all.

B

Black Sheep 1

Ravhin

Reaction score
If you ever need some help with some text that that website hasn't got translated you can always ask me.

B

Black Sheep 1

Ravhin said:
If you ever need some help with some text that that website hasn't got translated you can always ask me.
That's awesome.
Thanks for the offer.

steezy

Reaction score
Just an observation, but the box says "E.F.S.F Mass Productive Mobile Suit," which is incorrect; excuse me if I'm being overly nerdy and nit picky, but the Zaku IIs in 0083: Stardust memory were recovered from the one year war. They were made by the Zeon. The GM is the E.F.S.F. Mass *Produced Mobile Suit. :mad: ;D

Anyways, nice job on the build so far! It takes a couple snap fits to get the hang of the engineering before painting.

Thanks John for the link, I've been looking for manual translations.

Ravhin

Reaction score
steezy said:
Just an observation, but the box says "E.F.S.F Mass Productive Mobile Suit," which is incorrect; excuse me if I'm being overly nerdy and nit picky, but the Zaku IIs in 0083: Stardust memory were recovered from the one year war. They were made by the Zeon. The GM is the E.F.S.F. Mass *Produced Mobile Suit. :mad: ;D

Anyways, nice job on the build so far! It takes a couple snap fits to get the hang of the engineering before painting.

The box is not exactly incorrect. Some of those units where captured by the EFSF, and the one shown in the box is one of those. Those colours are also the ones used in the EFSF suits. So it may not have been built by the EFSF but it is a mass produced unit used by them.

Grendels

Reaction score
steezy said:
Your welcome, one of my YouTube subscribers sent it to me.

steezy

Reaction score
Ravhin said:
steezy said:

The box is not exactly incorrect. Some of those units where captured by the EFSF, and the one shown in the box is one of those. Those colours are also the ones used in the EFSF suits. So it may not have been built by the EFSF but it is a mass produced unit used by them.
I see your point. It's kinda like the Turkish Air Force using United States made F-16s; just captured.

B

Black Sheep 1

steezy said:
Ravhin said:
steezy said:

I see your point. It's kinda like the Turkish Air Force using United States made F-16s; just captured.
Captured from whom/where?

B

Black Sheep 1

Anyway.....continuing with Day 2 of the build.

This morning I did some hands and arms.

The markings on this kit are not waterslide decals but stick on markings.
I'm not liking the red dot thing going on here:

Feet:

OK, here I have the tow upper part of the feet.
The one on the left is just cut off the sprue.
The one on the right was just sanded to remove the nub from the sprue. Notice the scratches left by the sander.

The same part after a little TLC with The 4 Way Miracle Polisher block.

According to the packaging it's supposed to be 8000/12000 grit.
But mine has two sides of a black abrasive and I don't know the grit.
It's OK, it works well.

And this concludes steps 11 through 24 or page 2 of the instructions.

I'm having a lot of fun with this build and I hope to have finished by tomorrow or the day after at the least.
:)

Grendels

Reaction score
Looks like you are making good progress.

It has been a long time since I saw 0083, and I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong. Most likely it was captured from Zeon, by the E.S.F.S.

Ian

Reaction score
I like that polishing block A LOT. Did you make that or buy it?

B

Black Sheep 1

OK so instead of hanging out in Times Square lusting after Jenny McCarthy (yeah right!)......actually I like Taylor Swift more! :eek:

anyways....I decided to spend New Year's finishing my Gundam.

Here I basically have all the parts for one leg ready for assembly.

Both legs finished.

Almost done.

Opted for this gun.

Final reveal.
I decided not to use the stick on markings as they fall off.

Thanks everyone for watching.
While I'm still not a big fan for the Gundam genre since I have no knowledge of the Gundam Universe, I can say that this build was fun and I will continue to build them from time to time.
Now if only Bandai offered an English version of their instructions with the history of the suit and maybe some literature, it would be even more fun.
But I guess for now this will have to do.
;D

steezy

Reaction score
Looks awesome! The Gundam universe is pretty big and it takes a lot of anime to understand it all, lol. If I may make one suggestion, to finish this kit, flat coat it. I would apply the decals first, hit it with a gloss coat to conceal the edges of the decals, and then flat coat it. You did a great job cleaning up the nub marks. Oh and panel line it using thinned out black enamel.

Latest posts