HD MS-06F-2 ZAKU II F2

B

Black Sheep 1

OK here's my entry in this Gundam thing.
BTW, this is my first Gundam ever! :eek:

_MG_3597_zps0e62a5e7.jpg

_MG_3598_zps91318b29.jpg

OK so this is steps 1 through 10 or page 1 of the instructions.
I have no idea what I'm doing since I can't read Japanese.

_MG_3599_zps5fa7662c.jpg

_MG_3600_zpsfec766f4.jpg

_MG_3601_zps62b680f6.jpg

_MG_3602_zpsc59361ef.jpg

_MG_3603_zps48a4f336.jpg

_MG_3604_zpscc5a1baf.jpg

_MG_3605_zpsa6ada072.jpg

_MG_3606_zps85695aa6.jpg

_MG_3607_zpsee913d6b.jpg

_MG_3608_zps7bcc11f1.jpg

So that's it for today, steps 1 through 10.
_MG_3609_zps93af1eff.jpg

Nice! Congratulations on diving into your first Gundam! How do you like the kit so far? Any ideas for paint?

I have to admit, putting this all together was fun.
But I'm not going to paint it. I'm going with it as is out of the box.
Maybe later on as I build more I'll venture into painting them but for now it's OOB for me.

How timely! I built this yesterday at our dining table as the family prepared for xmas. Went together in no time at all.

8306155428_46848fbf5a_o.jpg

If you ever need some help with some text that that website hasn't got translated you can always ask me.

Ravhin said:
If you ever need some help with some text that that website hasn't got translated you can always ask me.
That's awesome.
Thanks for the offer.

Just an observation, but the box says "E.F.S.F Mass Productive Mobile Suit," which is incorrect; excuse me if I'm being overly nerdy and nit picky, but the Zaku IIs in 0083: Stardust memory were recovered from the one year war. They were made by the Zeon. The GM is the E.F.S.F. Mass *Produced Mobile Suit. :mad: ;D

Anyways, nice job on the build so far! It takes a couple snap fits to get the hang of the engineering before painting.

Thanks John for the link, I've been looking for manual translations.

steezy said:
Just an observation, but the box says "E.F.S.F Mass Productive Mobile Suit," which is incorrect; excuse me if I'm being overly nerdy and nit picky, but the Zaku IIs in 0083: Stardust memory were recovered from the one year war. They were made by the Zeon. The GM is the E.F.S.F. Mass *Produced Mobile Suit. :mad: ;D

Anyways, nice job on the build so far! It takes a couple snap fits to get the hang of the engineering before painting.

The box is not exactly incorrect. Some of those units where captured by the EFSF, and the one shown in the box is one of those. Those colours are also the ones used in the EFSF suits. So it may not have been built by the EFSF but it is a mass produced unit used by them.

Ravhin said:
steezy said:

The box is not exactly incorrect. Some of those units where captured by the EFSF, and the one shown in the box is one of those. Those colours are also the ones used in the EFSF suits. So it may not have been built by the EFSF but it is a mass produced unit used by them.

I see your point. It's kinda like the Turkish Air Force using United States made F-16s; just captured.

steezy said:
Ravhin said:
steezy said:

I see your point. It's kinda like the Turkish Air Force using United States made F-16s; just captured.

Captured from whom/where?

Anyway.....continuing with Day 2 of the build.

This morning I did some hands and arms.

_MG_3610_zpsad15dcf0.jpg

_MG_3611_zps6d8ea137.jpg

_MG_3612_zpsbef9e23a.jpg

The markings on this kit are not waterslide decals but stick on markings.
I'm not liking the red dot thing going on here:
_MG_3613_zpseb4b3c9a.jpg

Feet:
_MG_3614_zpsffe39414.jpg

_MG_3615_zpsc3202046.jpg

OK, here I have the tow upper part of the feet.
The one on the left is just cut off the sprue.
The one on the right was just sanded to remove the nub from the sprue. Notice the scratches left by the sander.
_MG_3616_zps1850c08f.jpg

_MG_3616_zps1850c08f.jpg

The same part after a little TLC with The 4 Way Miracle Polisher block.
_MG_3618_zps7bdb29ac.jpg

According to the packaging it's supposed to be 8000/12000 grit.
But mine has two sides of a black abrasive and I don't know the grit.
It's OK, it works well.
_MG_3619_zps65069be7.jpg

_MG_3620_zps0d345b97.jpg

_MG_3621_zpsbc51abbf.jpg

_MG_3622_zpsd64fbb92.jpg

And this concludes steps 11 through 24 or page 2 of the instructions.
_MG_3623_zps45422c10.jpg

I'm having a lot of fun with this build and I hope to have finished by tomorrow or the day after at the least.
:)

Looks like you are making good progress.

It has been a long time since I saw 0083, and I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong. Most likely it was captured from Zeon, by the E.S.F.S.

OK so instead of hanging out in Times Square lusting after Jenny McCarthy (yeah right!)......actually I like Taylor Swift more! :eek:

anyways....I decided to spend New Year's finishing my Gundam.

Here I basically have all the parts for one leg ready for assembly.
_MG_3624_zps959e167f.jpg

Both legs finished.
_MG_3625_zps486f09ae.jpg

Almost done.
_MG_3626_zps59c65aae.jpg

Opted for this gun.
_MG_3627_zps16b649a3.jpg
_MG_3628_zps9aca2f63.jpg

Final reveal.
I decided not to use the stick on markings as they fall off.
_MG_3629_zpsfc778f32.jpg

_MG_3630_zps46eb2d55.jpg

_MG_3631_zps42320025.jpg

Thanks everyone for watching.
While I'm still not a big fan for the Gundam genre since I have no knowledge of the Gundam Universe, I can say that this build was fun and I will continue to build them from time to time.
Now if only Bandai offered an English version of their instructions with the history of the suit and maybe some literature, it would be even more fun.
But I guess for now this will have to do.
;D

Looks awesome! The Gundam universe is pretty big and it takes a lot of anime to understand it all, lol. If I may make one suggestion, to finish this kit, flat coat it. I would apply the decals first, hit it with a gloss coat to conceal the edges of the decals, and then flat coat it. You did a great job cleaning up the nub marks. Oh and panel line it using thinned out black enamel.

Latest posts

Back