From a war of a different sort: RG MS-06S Zaku II

Grendels

Well here is one of my entries into the Rumors of war Group build. It is the Real Grade 1/144 scale model of the MS-06s Zaku II, or Char's Zaku:

IMG_20130910_130314.jpg

And here is the first video:

Gundam RG: MS 06S Zaku II part1

Sorry the video is a bit on the shaky side....

I love how excited you were John about the ball joints! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks everyone. This is one amazing kit and it just flows together. The fit on this thing is unbelievable....

Grendels said:
Here is the next installment:

MS 06S Zaku II part 2

Definitely not 3D printing. Printed ABS isn't super detailed as it uses an extruding technology. All the DIY printers use this technique. You can do crazy detailing with SLS or DLP which uses powder or liquid and lasers. Those materials are usually metals or resins. You can easily tell if the parts are 3D printed plastic because if you look at it from one side you'll see all the layers of plastic.

deltaprintexample.jpg

3D printing is great for small volumes as well. But the cost to do a huge run would be enormous. Much more than a high volume injection mould.

I have heard from a few of my subscribers that they are using a two part process. The first inject the inner parts, then put them on a holding frame and then inject the outer parts. It still has to be a unique process because you are forming plastic over plastic, and if you are not careful, the outer layer will melt the inner layer.

Latest posts

Back