GrosserHund in progress / see if Keith can figure out posting pics

Really need zero glue , , nice and snug
062_zpsb211f97b.jpg

::) ,,
Well , while I was waiting for the glue on the jig to set I thought I'd finish the head up -- it just needed a couple of little parts and paint .....

But ,, I don't like the way his 'ears' hang --- he looks like a Basset Hound --- or a nun :p

066_zps7791c5d7.jpg

So I bashed out some 'stuff ' to move them outward and control them

116_zpsb1f76204.jpg
119_zps1d96dfb8.jpg
134_zpsab896e92.jpg

And mount Claymore type ,anti personnel charges to .

so , if he can see you ....... ;D..

144_zpsc256dc3f.jpg

He is 10 feet tall

145_zpsf91857b3.jpg
150_zpsc13accc1.jpg

Happy Monday

Hey , thanks John , :)

I'm bouncing between the jig --- glad I upgraded to the 3/32 tube over the nails , way more capability ----and the Grosser's head and the space-boat .. ::)

I clipped the back end of the tubes off to an even 1/4" 068_zps72e62800.jpg

To match the shims below it ---- I don't expect the tubes to move at all while I build the frame upon em ( they're really snug ) , , but " IF " , they will be tight to the work top and unable 078_zps10eacc22.jpg

I'm in the process of affixing the shields to the jig one by one -- I added additional yellow alignment marks before I tore it down ,, so I should be dead-on with placement :) SuperMegaTriangulation har

091_zps2a71ae18.jpg

YIKES !!

Glad I was going slow and working on other things and sleeping for the night ::)

I got ahead of myself and forgot to duplicate the shields for the Left Side ! Doin it now

.... I LOVE this tacky glue
It holds even slick poly parts like a champ , then you can just pull it apart in seconds and the glue peels right off

006_zps240f3edf.jpg

urumomo said:
...But ,, I don't like the way his 'ears' hang --- he looks like a Basset Hound --- or a nun...

So I bashed out some 'stuff ' to move them outward and control them ...

So instead of Basset hound, he's got elephant ears! ;D

Seriously, it's a cool mod, just like the rest of your modifications. Well thought-out, and great detail!

Which Face do you choose to put forth against the enemy , Baron ?

article-2121524-125DD809000005DC-104_964x647.jpg

OR

Basset_Hound.jpg

LOL ;D ;D

Hey , John --- I'll check that out , I've got to go into Houston again Friday ::)
... I was surprised Walmart doesn't sell any model kits ,,, just mindless ready to break stuff .
Michael's & Hobby Lobby were way proud too of their stuff --- definitely for something to part-out

The only way I buy at Hobby Lobby is with one of their sales. Otherwise NO. Too expensive.

LOL!

I'd go with the tusker, makes me think of oliphants from TLOR ;)

I've seen some of the AI suits built with a chin plate, too, maybe it's the new Kyklops kit. And then, very appropriate, there's a cyclops skull decal in the kit, to decorate the head and plate.

Regarding Walmart and kits, they used to, and I think there might still be some regional differences about carrying kits, but yes, the ones around here dropped them a couple of years ago. I never really went to Walmart for modeling stuff, though I have bought other things there that could be used for our hobby. Walmart used to carry 21st Century Toys/Blue Box vehicles and aircraft, and then gave them up, too.

We're fortunate here in the Lehigh Valley, we have a couple of old-school LHS, plus Hobbytown, Michael's, AC Moore and a HobbyLobby. Combined with Internet sales, we have pretty good access to kits and supplies.

The only way I buy at Hobby Lobby is with one of their sales. Otherwise NO. Too expensive.

No Doubt ! I found this cool little Velociraptor in the toy dino bin , poly , prob. about 7 " long ------- I have an idea for a Mech based on the form ---- but the thing was $ 26 !!! wtf ? they were all 25-30 bucks .
... and the plastic models were all 20-30 bucks for just plain -ol stuff :p

I only stopped at the stores that were convenient at the time ----- tomorrow I might try to hit a model shop --- they're all way out of the way for me :( .... But -- just thinking of R C Hobby over on the SW side -- pretty close to where that last IPMS show was --- they should be a good source for scratch supplies -- I forget about them

I've seen some of the AI suits built with a chin plate, too, maybe it's the new Kyklops kit. And then, very appropriate, there's a cyclops skull decal in the kit, to decorate the head and plate.
K -- I had to Google KYKLOPS but I don't find what " AI " suits you're talking about ,,,, Just Giant dirt eating spiders lol
Send me a link .... I guess I'll go to HLJ and check ....

About to primer the head ,, a little more basic putty work .
Here she is with the directional charges and the frame pieces to mount em to the 'ears'

001_zpscc55810f.jpg

hsg64106_2.jpg

hsg64106_3.jpg

Well , Baron , It's the same machine only with 4 Neupanzerschreck instead of the 2 ,,,
and different heel ... When you say " chin-plate " you mean that loop ? That is part of this original kit also .

Saw a pic of this build while back , thought it was a fan mod --- didn't know it was a kit , but it's not much different .

I like the way the tail ends of the launcher tubes tie together :)

... Getting there --

012_zpsea663baa.jpg
017_zps101dd6d9.jpg
022_zps05473f27.jpg man !, the primer definitely hi-lites the issues :p032_zpsdeadc905.jpg

024_zps744ad037.jpg
images

026_zps3c4b9bb0.jpg

........... Narrow beam radar

030_zpse45509b3.jpg You cannot hide in the smoke of his festivities :-*

046_zpsd11160d5.jpg
...ffreaky .. he's reminding me of that big demon in Legend
038_zps283d1549.jpg
040_zps0527398a.jpg

Back to the fuel packs ..

Hi, urumomo, it was either on Krueger's forum or on the Kow Facebook group, I'll have to see if I can find the links again. The chin plate was a piece of curved armor, shaped sort of like a capital D set on the curved side, attached over the crash guard bar on the robot's "chin". The cyclops skull had the eye socket over the eye, with the teeth on the chin plate, if I remember it correctly.

"AI" - artificial intelligence :D The Hund, the Kyklops, the Gans and Krote, the Neuspotter, are all smart weapons, unmanned, run by independent computers, as opposed to the piloted suits and flying machines. I think the Nutrocker/Nutcracker hover tank is an AI machine, too, with a manned command variant to coordinate them.

I like the texture you've achieved on the body parts, a nice cast texture, looks great!

I'll have to see if I can find the links again
Definitely ,, I'll check that out .
I know I'll need to modify the shoulder armor -- it's still on the sprue ( for some reason the spell check here thinks 'sprue' is misspelled - classic )
.... I assume the definition of AI was for our viewers at home .... ;)

I'll be moving into the diorama soon enough --- I can play with the armor plate

What did ya'll think of that Minesweeper ? I want to build something like that and I'll need to scratch out a towed generator set .....welding rig

Someone needs to buy me that Finemolds JEEP Har :D

Latest posts

Back