Greetings from New Zealand

WebbyNZ

Greetings and salutations.

Ill start with a who, what, where, and why.

Who am I, I am 35 years old and live about 2 hours from the capital city of NZ and about 7 from the largest city Auckland with my wife and 3 cats. In the last 18 months iv'e got right back into a hobby that for various reasons was neglected for many years.

What do I build. Anything and everything, my stash ranges from a 1/8th scale corvette to hasegawa eggplanes to an iron man. http://www.3inatub.com/Kitset/Stash.htm

Where do I see this hobby going? on for a long time I hope. I have a good job and understanding wife so I have been able to amass a good stash and plenty of the tools and equipment that make the hobby easier (at least thats what i tell myself)

Why did I join well I joined up here after realizing that a lot of the builders I follow on youtube are members here and it seems to be a great forum. (only a member of one other forum as so many are so weak)

Welcome Webby

I'm across the ditch in Nelson, good to see another Kiwi. Not doing to much hobby stuff at the mo, due to the cost of summer and stuff, hoping to hibernate this winter and get some models finished.

Gav

kiwi gav said:
Welcome Webby

I'm across the ditch in Nelson, good to see another Kiwi. Not doing to much hobby stuff at the mo, due to the cost of summer and stuff, hoping to hibernate this winter and get some models finished.

Gav

Cheers Gav
The wife has family in the Nelson/Blenheim area and keeps bugging me to do a road(and ferry) trip down.
How many and what quality are the model shops in that part of the country as it may sway my decision for next holidays :)

Hi Ya there is one decent little one in Richmond ( Just ouside Nelson City ) called hobby central. Not much of a choice in this area. Not sure about Blenheim. Although The Omaka Heritage Museum( WW1 Displays done by Peter Jackson) could be a visit if you are into aircraft from that era. Jackson has a company that makes WW1 plane models but they are a bit pricey and not sure if they sell them at museum now.

I myself dont have much of a stash but Im in the beginnings of re-stocking supplies and models, I have just got back into the models since I was a kid....Im a 40yr old kid now. lol

Cheers.

You are never to old to become a styrene addict, my first kit was done in primary school, there was a 20 year break before I got back into it but only in the last 3 or so years have I really been proactive.
Proactive is my way of saying 'buying lots of kits, paints, gadgets etc etc' and having a wife who does not mind me dissapearing to the workbench for hours on end :)

I often do orders from sites in the UK, Japan and Hong Kong with a workmate so if there is anything you really want feel free to let me know and ill let you know whan we are doing our next order, normally worked around overtime pay and the exchange rate.

Latest posts

Back