Greetings Everyone!

jwt708

Hello everyone! Recently got interested in getting back to this hobby. I always loved building the models when I was a kid, but I always got frustrated by poor fits and my own lack of painting skill and not knowing what to do about it.

How did we get by before YouTube! Haha!

So I watched some videos and decided I would give the Academy 1/72 P-51 Mustang a try. I've only just begun but am having fun so far and learning new things. (Current progress pic attached.)

I also like to build and paint BattleTech miniatures and the enjoyment got me to take another crack at scale models.

IMG_20240130_153956425.jpg

Welcome back to a great hobby. Yes how did we get along before youtube as well as forums.

Hello everyone! Recently got interested in getting back to this hobby. I always loved building the models when I was a kid, but I always got frustrated by poor fits and my own lack of painting skill and not knowing what to do about it.

How did we get by before YouTube! Haha!

So I watched some videos and decided I would give the Academy 1/72 P-51 Mustang a try. I've only just begun but am having fun so far and learning new things. (Current progress pic attached.)

I also like to build and paint BattleTech miniatures and the enjoyment got me to take another crack at scale models.

View attachment 113089
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd! I look forward to seeing that Mustang when you've finished.

Best regards,
Brad

I appreciate the welcome!

It's slow going but that's probably to be expected. Sat down to paint last night and ended up spending my time cleaning the airbrush!
Definitely worth taking the time to get the airbrush cleaned properly, it makes life easier in the future.
I tend to completely strip both my (very cheap) airbrush every month with a basic clean after every use. So far, never had an issue with them in 2 years.
Pantherman

Definitely worth taking the time to get the airbrush cleaned properly, it makes life easier in the future.
I tend to completely strip both my (very cheap) airbrush every month with a basic clean after every use. So far, never had an issue with them in 2 years.
Pantherman
You are so very right!

Latest posts

Back