Got a couple tanks on the bench...lots o' pics!!

Thanks Quaralane!

Most of the weathering is done...still waiting on the ITA stuff...might put this on a base with those new Master Box German and British North Africa figgies if I can find them anywhere for sale...

100_6946.jpg
100_6947.jpg
100_6948.jpg
100_6949.jpg
100_6950.jpg

Thanks all!

Tamiya had a pretty nice layout I was able to use to cut the masks...my generic Tamiya tape did the job!!

Jeeves, Outstanding job!!! I like how this turned out. The paint scheme and the weathering look great.

Yup ...She's looking purdy fella :)...good job on the weathering .

Chris.

:) Jeeves, I´m arriving late here, man,

Nice Matilda, really, a very attractive modelling subject, and the M7 is also a very good one... just a bit short of eiter mud or dust, but really nice...

The Caunter camo scheme is really good...

Oh, Spud has done a goog job posting that ´tube tutorials! they´re very didactic !

Cheers, Jeeves :)
RG

Jeeves said:
Thanks RG! Still waiting on some stuff from overseas to finish it...hopefully soon!
That´s great, Jeeves... patience always pays ;)

I´ll be on stag duty, Matilda is one of my (many, too much) favourite "ladies" ;)

Still waiting on the Inside the Armour prize...so I decided to move on and work on a USMC Pacific Sherman-- this is the Hobbyboss 1/48 scale M4A3 with the Black Dog resin USMC plank armor set...here is where I am at now:

005%7E3.jpg
004%7E2.jpg

Just ordered a 1/48 Japanese pillbox from Masterpiece Models that I hope to incorporate into a vignette with it...

Jeeves, if I am undstanding correctly the planks along the sides is a resin kit? This looks like real wood and bolts. What did you use to paint and weather the resin? Great job!

Thanks Quaralane and Tanker52!

Yes-- the planks over the road wheels and along the hull side are resin pieces. I used your basic run of the mill Walmart $1 craft paint to get a basic undercoat started. After that, I sprayed the whole thing with ModelMaster Acryl Olive Drab. Then I went back with a healthy dose of Mig Productions Dark Wash solution...will pick out the bolts with rust dripping down considering it is the Pacific...and then paint all the other details...plan on putting this on a base with the Masterpiece Models Japanese Pillbox...

Nearly there on the Matilda...gotta add more desert dust and still need to work them tracks a bit...

005%7E7.jpg
006%7E5.jpg
007%7E4.jpg
008%7E3.jpg

And a closeup of those nice ITA cap badges...
009%7E1.jpg

Calling this one done...unless someone comes up with something glaring that I missed ;)

013%7E0.jpg
012%7E1.jpg
011%7E1.jpg
010%7E2.jpg

Many thanks to John Steinman for some very helpful tips...and to Rick Lawler for helping me pick the best Mig pigments way back in April at AMPS ;)

Should the tracks be shiny front the sand.......? Looks really good tough and I wouldn't worry about the tracks at this point unless you are picky

Latest posts

Back