Got a couple tanks on the bench...lots o' pics!!

Jeeves

Well-- finishing up a Priest I have been working on, I decided to get a start on an Operation Torch Matilda. First up is the Priest-- this is the Dragon kit and I've just started weathering...dot filters are up next....
08-17-11_013.jpg
08-17-11_012.jpg
08-17-11_010.jpg
08-17-11_011.jpg

As far as the Matilda goes, I have pretty much everything assembled...leaving off the tools and smallish parts until after painting...which I'll be ready to do tomorrow after the primer cures...
08-17-11_009.jpg
08-17-11_008.jpg
08-17-11_007.jpg
08-17-11_006.jpg

The figures that came with the kit are pretty good-- hope I can do them justice...
Models_001.jpg

Thanks for looking!

two tanks ive been thinking about getting, i really like teh english one because that has a cool paint scheme, well the painted one does ;D

Getting there Spud...the Desert Yellow got sprayed on last night...I'll have to touch up a few spots, and then the slate grey and Portland stone will be up next ;)

Well-- now I need you armor folks to let me know if there needs to be more or less on the weathering for the Priest. Tried using some Mig pigment with the resin mix on the road wheels and tracks...maybe a little too heavy in the rear?? Don't hold back or I'll never learn anything ;)

08-20-11_015.jpg
08-20-11_014.jpg
08-20-11_013.jpg
08-20-11_012.jpg

On a side note-- here be Matilda's first wardrobe change...this Caunter scheme is going to be a real bear to mask...
08-20-11_010.jpg
08-20-11_011.jpg

I'm no armor expert, but it looks good so far.
Undercarriage between the tracks seems a little too clean, though

Bit of an update...the Priest is sufficiently dirty (hmmm...better not...). I decided to go a bit more muddy so I could try out my Mig Wet Effects...I have another layer or two to add, but I'm waiting until I actually have a base for it...so I'm calling it done for now!

b5e9983a.jpg
968e1839.jpg
8e2df7f3.jpg
9035958c.jpg

And the Caunter scheme on Matilda went on pretty well considering all the places it could've gone wrong...
42015a13.jpg
db7abc57.jpg
ca91aa32.jpg
ea73e223.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

scalemodelmedic has a great tut on how to dirty up the under side of a half track check that out for some ideas, here is an other clip from him.

i found these vids helped a lot

as for how dirty it is or could be, thats up to you depends on how you like your kits to look, i like mine dirty because they Were dirty!

and i love the paint on the matilda

Thanks Spud and Eric...

Spud...great stuff...I'll try a bit of it once I get a base established for it...I'd live to grab up one of those ammo trailers for it and add it in as well...ought to be fun blending everything together!

Brother Eric...thanks man! I really like how it turned out...these desert tanks are kewl!!

Great job on both armor subjects!!! I also like how the paint scheme is turning out on the Matilda. Looking forward to seeing this one complete. I will be starting on a M3 Stuart Honey soon and will have a similar paint scheme.

Thanks again!!

Tanker52...just note that Tamiya got the colors wrong...not sure if your Stuart is the Academy one or not, but the "light blue" is actually supposed to be slate grey.

Quaralane...it was only in the sense that the Matilda has so many vents and bumps that paint could so easily bleed through, but luckily I really only had a couple spots on the front and rear to touch up...

Jeeves said:
Thanks again!!

Tanker52...just note that Tamiya got the colors wrong...not sure if your Stuart is the Academy one or not, but the "light blue" is actually supposed to be slate grey.

Quaralane...it was only in the sense that the Matilda has so many vents and bumps that paint could so easily bleed through, but luckily I really only had a couple spots on the front and rear to touch up...

Jeeves, I have the Academy kit. Thanks for the heads up on the what the actual color used on the tank.

Cool, I suddenly find myself wanting to try out some of those Mig Pigments after watching thes 2 "how to" clips.

That M7 looks quite nice Jeeves. Looking forward to more pics of the Matilda and the dio.

Waiting on some cap badges for my crew as well as an aerial...both part of the prize package of ITA stuff from the Spring contest (thanks again Scott and Chris)... I am through some weathering...still might do some oil dot filters (I know that's not the name but I forgot the proper term!)

100_6937.jpg
100_6936.jpg
100_6935.jpg

Great looking little Tilda there fella . Nice work :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back