Filling Windows

JamieMachon

Hi everyone,

What would you guys suggest I use to fill the windows in on my first lighting build??
My local hobby shop here in the UK is pretty crap "being the kinder word to use" when it comes to advise :(

If possable a web link to a shop that sells such products would be cool so I know what I am looking for or to even purchase from them!?!

Thanks a Million
Jamie

I have used watered down PVA glue to good effect. But it won't work on larger windows. I have not used dental acrylic, but I have seen many others who do.

The dental acrylic sounds interesting. I am glad you mentioned it now as I saw one of Steve Neill's youtube videos (youtube= darkuboot) Voyager part two build and he used clear dental acrylic on that.
So it's on with the suplier search now haha.

Thanks a million for the reply
Jamie

Steve mentions often that he has never been able to find an online supplier for dental acrylic. He hinted a few times that nail acrylic is the same thing so I gor some off amazon. I am testing it out on a TOS Enterprise and so far it behaves just like his dental acrylic. Of course, in my hands it is a bit more messy!

Let is know if you find dental acrylic.

Latest posts

Back