Ferrari F190 Formula 1 car, Fujimi 1/20 scale plus a little aftermarket.

Carsenault

Well I decided to have a go at this kit after all. I was gonna enter it in the Automotive category of the SMA Spring Contest but since I was fortunate enough to win a nice H&S Evolution airbrush at last weekends CAMS show, I figured one contest entry was enough. THis is my entry however for the Ferrari group build over at www.britmodeller.com

The kit I have is the clear bodied 1990 French GP edition of Fujimi's F190 kit. I originally wanted to do Nigel Mansell's car for the 1990 French GP until I came accross some stats I forgot about. Nigel had a DNF on that race, but his teammate Alain Prost won the race, on his home circuit. That was also Ferrari's 100th grand prix win. So with that in mind, I decided on doing Prost's car instead. (I am more a fan of Mansell though). I've also got a set of Tabu Designs tobacco sponsor decals and so Model Factory Hiro harnesses. Plus I have some color matched paint from Zero Paints.

002.jpg

I cut the first bag open this morning and started work assembling the engine block/transmission so I could airbrush it as a whole. I airbrushed it with Model Master Metalizer "Jet Exhaust" which is a nice very dark metallic shade, similar to a matt gun metal. I also airbrushed some other components with Tamiya satin black, and picked out other details using various Model Master and Testor's paints. The only reference I could find for that engine was at www.gurneyflap.com and showed the cam covers in a gloss red, according to the kit instructions, they should be metallic grey, but the red looks better.

004.jpg

005.jpg

A good start! I'm looking forward to the finish build. Take it easy and Keep Building!!! 8)

Thanks AD.

A little more work done on the tipo 038 V12. The air box, intake funnels and fuel injectors in place, as well as the first test fit of the bundle of snakes also known as the exhaust headers. They look a bit rough now, but I will be repainting them to look like they have been through a few heat cycles.

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

Latest posts

Back