Fujimi 240Z

papaof2

Had a 240Z in my youth and am looking for a model to somewhat replicate it. Tamiya has one with the bull nose, but I prefer to have a more stock model. Fujimi has one on Amazon and I was looking for anyone who may have had one. Not expensive so I have suspicions, but for $23 I may take a chance. Thoughts?

Curtis

What scale are you looking for? Tamiya has a 1/24 Fairlady I believe it’s a 1971 240z.
Tamiya makes a great kit but a little pricey.

I don't own this kit, but Fujimi makes very decent car kits. I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed with it.

I looked at the Tamiya. It is a little pricey, plus it is has the nose and wheelwell modifications. The Z was my second car and I'm trying to build as close to what I had as possible. Picked up my first car Saturday a 67 442.

I had one, was on waiting list for a year. My father was service director at the Datsun store. Made no difference they were in such short supply. People even watched dealerships to make sure when one came in. No choice of color, if one came in and you were up you got it or declined. If you declined you went to the bottom of the list. We were a strong dealer so the distribution manager told my father, let me know when you're up and I'll make sure you get the color and transmission you want. Those were the only variables. About 25 years ago Nissan had a hundred 71/72 model year units restored to pristine condition. They were available for lease only. I was service director at the store then and tried to buy on off lease. No deal. I contacted old friends I had know since they were newbs at Nissan but no luck. Even had one guy who I had know 25 years who worked his way through college while a parts picker in the warehouse. He was then VP of sales and couldn't make it happen. For whatever reason they were all crushed when the leases expired.

I had one, was on waiting list for a year. My father was service director at the Datsun store. Made no difference they were in such short supply. People even watched dealerships to make sure when one came in. No choice of color, if one came in and you were up you got it or declined. If you declined you went to the bottom of the list. We were a strong dealer so the distribution manager told my father, let me know when you're up and I'll make sure you get the color and transmission you want. Those were the only variables. About 25 years ago Nissan had a hundred 71/72 model year units restored to pristine condition. They were available for lease only. I was service director at the store then and tried to buy on off lease. No deal. I contacted old friends I had know since they were newbs at Nissan but no luck. Even had one guy who I had know 25 years who worked his way through college while a parts picker in the warehouse. He was then VP of sales and couldn't make it happen. For whatever reason they were all crushed when the leases expired.
When we changed 'sponsors' , Ford's " Special Vehicle Operations" came to Sonoma Raceway. They configured Mustangs for the school. All but 5 or 6, 240 & 260 Z's didn't have a VIN number. The non-VIN cars were crushed. Very sad.

Got the model from Japan a few days ago. Looked it over and it seems very nice, assembly will tell. Has parts for a few variations. Going to build stock as mine was. May use the mag wheels.

Latest posts

Back