Fujimi Porsche 911 (964 body) replica of my personal car

vinceqn

Hi Everyone,
This is a project I finished between working on my Ferrari F189 F1 car. I used to own a Porsche 911 which I have regretted selling since the day it left my driveway. Here is a picture of the original inspiration. My hard drive with all my good pictures was stolen a few years ago, so I will try to find better pictures of the real car later on.

101_0031_2.jpg

I used the Fujimi 1/24 scale Porsche 911 Carrera 2 kit. Paint was Model Masters Acrylic Porsche Guards Red. Same color code as the real vehicle. I then cleared it with Scalefinishes.com clear. The second time I used this clear and I am beginning to love it.
Wheels were from eightyone81.com - Work Meister S1 wheels.
The mirrors are Porsche Cup mirrors from Scale Productions, which replicate the 993 body mirrors I put on my car.
Although the real car had a Porsche "whale tail" on it, I had plans to remove it anyway, so I built the model without one.

IMAG2668_zpsgkbivgng.jpg
IMAG2636_zpsp2apecfe.jpg

Interior was painted in Ocker Yellow from Vallejo. I tried doing a wash for the first time to add some realism to the leather. It did not turn out the way I wanted but I was contempt with the results.
IMAG2625_zpsu2uetcp5.jpg

The hardest part I always have with any model is painting the trim. After failed results on previous models I built, I took my time to mask the area slowly and airbrush it. I was very happy with the result, but it did take a lot of time, trial and error with the masking. Although I did not do the trim on the front bumper, also known as the "Porsche Smile," I think it was a small detail I did not want to risk ruining the paint job.
IMAG2622_zpsu1eqzqrc.jpg
IMAG2618_zpsz6jkdsgo.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the work. This is by far one of my best jobs and I think I will have this displayed at my office soon.

Latest posts

Back