Fail to prepare...prepare to fail

Lentils is a great idea for cobbles.... Seperate bricks.... good luck with them. ;) Done a few in my dio this year... nearly got bored to death.

Having video updates are great. Fresh :)

turner

cork soaking at it's best!

LOL

I hope you don't get krazy at sculpting cork bricks and stones...

It looks awesome! And very convincing ! Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys. While the building has come out okay so far, the cobbles I am very unhappy with.

The problem with this diorama is, as the title of this thread states, I was not prepared. The idea in my head was rushed, and all implementation rushed subsequently. I have not relied on my tried-and-tested methods as previous, and as such have paid the price.

I am looking at several unfinished things, with mere weeks to go. There is 0% chance of finishing.

Still. Whilst this may be a failure of sorts, I was expectant of it which has lessened the blow. It has also revitalised my modelling spirits so a good deed has come of it, Plus I never mind supporting Scott's contests as he has done so much for the community running them !

the end result ? well I'll see what comes of the things I have lying around and will end up with a decent model sooner or later :)

Huh ?? What went wrong with th Cobbles ? It looks like They came out lookin' Great. Your building is Rockin !!!

panzerace007 said:
Huh ?? What went wrong with th Cobbles ? It looks like They came out lookin' Great. Your building is Rockin !!!

thanks dude, but the building is okay whereas the base fell short of my expectation.

Whilst it may look kind of "allright" to be honest it's not the kind of finish I was hoping for and sadly I just don't have time to rectify it.

I am also very concious of the fact that I am actually rushing everything to the point of risking ending up with models I don't like, and there is nothing worse than having models you don't like :(

I guess I was right in my initial post in the thread. I was expecting to fall short and that's what has happened. BUT. It is no big deal to me :) the end result is some models I can finish in my own time, giving me items to play with when putting together future dioramas. I will do SOMETHING with the base, I don't know what though.

Still, i've learned a lot in very short time about urban dio building :)

sadly I must prioritise... I have just 3 months to my wedding, and the invitations must be completed as I am designing them. On top of that, there is a load of other stuff. I lost the whole weekend to preparations, it is not a surprise to me that I ran out of time on this model. What I can't justify is trying to finish on time but ruining some half decent builds.

cheers
Jon

So... Jon ! in short ??? Are you going to finish the Model and the Base later ??? or are they integral to each-other ?

You have put in so much time and dedication in this already !!! You must be so close to finishing it ???

I understand you have other priorities... which are above all, more pressing than a model !!!
I wouldn't want Miss Scalemodelmedic unhappy with you !

Best of luck with what you decide is best ! we will be here watching and learning from you !!!

All the best to you and your loved one !!! Cheers !

Norm.

;D these things happen. It is a shame, I like to compete in these great contests ... they're by far the most fun I've had in a competition before, but sadly circumstance, time and planning were not on my side.

I was prepared to fail, so it's not such a bitter pill to swallow !

I have already got some great ideas for the base using some half-finished models from previous modelling exploits! It will be nice to get them off the shelf and into use!

they will also form some useful subject matter for future videos I'm sure :) they do say the fun is the taking part, and this is very true.

great job so far !,,, I can understand not being able to finish, I have been slammed with work and barely able to do anything else for the last 2 months ... would love to see this continue !

Latest posts

Back