Fail to prepare...prepare to fail

Scalemodelmedic

:mad: Just lately I am very angry with myself for becoming so chaotic.

This time last year I was a well drilled, well oiled modelling machine. Now I'm a creaky, rusting hunk of junk :( The spring contest was announced, built up, the trumpet fanfares sounded etc but it still took FOUR DAYS before I even KNEW about it. Of course I entered IMMEDIATELY ! It's the big spring contest after all! but the problem was my stash was a mess. I had nothing I could throw together... or Did I...

No actually I didn't, so I entered with a few random kits thinking I could splash an idea together and so far I'm not coming up with much. That's not to say i'll be giving up... but there is an old saying

"FAIL TO PREPARE...PREPARE TO FAIL"

and as this model is a perfect example of this so far, I am going to stick with the title for the time being!

The models involved are numerous figure kits, an Italeri Kubelwagen and a Tamiya M8 Greyhound with Verlinden update. I also decided that now would be a good time to try something knew so I started making a brick wall. Yeah... a brick wall, that makes sense right. Well I made it anyway. Perhaps I am losing touch with reality? but hey. Here's all I got so far...

01-3.jpg

brick_test.jpg

It may not make much sense at the moment....but hopefull all this will come together! Stay tuned for more chaos and seemingly unrelated and irrelevant pictures !!!

Grendels said:
Nice brick wall!

Haha! For some reason that made me laugh.

It's actually a test piece. It was the first time I've laid "bricks" so it came out well for an experiment. The colours weren't really thought about much.

As for something coming together soon... man, I am starting to sweat it a little. I'm just building models and hoping some inspiration comes my way soon. The detailing work is going OK but I need a goal!

it looks more like the really thing... are you planning to crash test? ;D

Eastrock said:

I wish I had a plan !!!

Just done a little more... this time in front of the camera. I hope to have a video update soon :)

Just chill my friend..... You always pull it off!

And the aim is to have fun! Don't loose that.... Have fun! And good luck!

Well, I don't know if this is going to give you any inspiration, but here is my idea: Take you Diorama and combine it with mine. That way your "army" can shoot at Godzilla as he stomps a Castle to pieces....... ;D

Don't know if that helped, but it couldn't hurt......

;D

Nice to see what you've been up to my brother.

I also love your choice of model so far, I really dig the M8/M20 series man.

Sadly it's not really setting the world alight though bro, more just going round in circles :-\

I'll see what I can scrape together for the contest, but I'm thinking this year I'm gonna learn a hard lesson in having no kits in your stash and entering without a "spark" in your belly !

We shall see !

I'll just keep modelling and see what happens.

Scalemodelmedic said:
Eastrock said:

I wish I had a plan !!!

Just done a little more... this time in front of the camera. I hope to have a video update soon :)

sometimes you don't need a plan... it just pops up on your head like a light bulb!!!

Great update. Its really coming together. Like the cork bricks, that's a lot of cutting!

The seats have come out really well.

I will watch the space!

Thanks for the support guys. You clearly have more faith in me than I do ;D

Done a lot of filming lately, which slows work down, but it's all good footage to put on the channel so I've stuck with it.

One of the things I produced was a little video on filling in little holes in your model with some quick detail that cuts a corner but also does it's job - making it look like there's more going on than there really is.

Model Detailing - quickly and easily hinting at detail to fill gaps

Yes, a neat little fix. Your videos are always so nice and clear with no cluttered background. They are nice to watch.

Latest posts

Back