F1 Prediction Game 2013 season

Latest news

http://www.f1technical.net/news/18520?sid=9486c1d3ccad3a1ff0ef4c3aed062c87

let the rumors of a team mate for Seb begin
IMO it will NOT be
Kimi - he seems happy at lotus and would not like the promotinal work RB does, and Helmut doesn't want someone in the team that can regularly best Seb.
Riccardo or Vergne - I don't think they are at the level needed to step up and give RB the chance at the constructors title.
Alonso or Hamilton - kinda goes without saying

My pics from the current lineup.
Di Resta, Sutil or Bottas

WebbyNZ said:
Latest news

IMO it will NOT be
Kimi - he seems happy at lotus and would not like the promotinal work RB does, and Helmut doesn't want someone in the team that can regularly best Seb.
Riccardo or Vergne - I don't think they are at the level needed to step up and give RB the chance at the constructors title.

my picks on who will be the replacement would be Daniel Ricciardo though, he has done showed good things this year and Dr. Helmut Marko has been seen around him some times. But we'll see

three weeks in between races is long though ;D

predicting this stuff is extremely hard...only thing I hope is that Vettel won't score points...

WebbyNZ said:
Latest news

IMO it will NOT be

I think a move to RB would be very good for those 3 guys, but I'd agree with Wouter that Ricciardo is also ready for the seat.

Di Resta has been pushed to the back of the grid for running underweight. :(

Here's my top 10 for the British GP :-

1. Vet
2. Web
3. Ham
4. Sut
5. Ros
6. Alo
7. Rai
8. Gro
9. Ric
10. Mas

Very disappointed with how this season is turning out. McLaren looking toward 2014, Ferrari going backwards, Pirelli playing into RB's hands, Mercedes having bad race pace, but always getting pole, Felipe having a nightmare, Lotus' inconsitency, Force India always making mistakes with Paul and Mark Webber's had enough of the sport, I'm going to miss him. It's all negative as far as I'm concerned.

Ah well, the racing has been good at least. That's the most important thing. Let's hope for a good one tomorrow.

Enjoy guys. :)

Tell us what you realy think Iain ;D

Seriously though i agree with you but the last three years the rules have been very similar, 2014 is an opprtunity for a reset with new regs and a new spec engine.
I agree with you over RIC, VET's new team mate next year for sure.

My top 10

1.HAM
2.WEB
3.ALO
4.RAI
5.ROS
6.RIC
7.BUT
8.DIR
9.SUT
10.PER

Wouters, you should join in mate, its just for fun.

Go Valentino Rossi, first win in 3 years (105 wins) 3rd for Cal Crutchlow, nice.

Enjoy the race chaps

Gag
(Leggy, my real nickname)

nah, I couldn't have predicted the result of this race ;D

but you did a good one with two out of three correct for the three first :eek:

now where was Vettel ey? ;D

Cheers

didn't get time to post my prediction, i wasn't expecting the mercs to hold there own this time, so im delighted with the result :)

Nice job by Rosberg, way to prove me wrong! ;D Really pleased for Mark, would have been special to see him win.

Finally Vettel has some bad luck, but then so did many other drivers today, not least of which was Lewis. Could be the turning point of the season for Mercedes winning on a track that was expected to destroy their tyres, but I still think RB have the better race car on Sunday. There is some hope though now.

Be interesting to see what they find out about the tyres. I think it might be the kerbs. For those watching on the BBC, we got a good look at one of them after the race. There was a large sharp step between the concrete inner part and the kerb. You could clearly see all the rubber build up on the edge.

So now the FIA, the teams and Pirelli have this issue to solve for the Nurburgring next week end. You know what might have been a good idea? Space the races out 2 weeks apart instead of 3 then 1! ::)

the curbs are the same as last season so i cant see this being the fault. they tyres are not strong enough to take the stress they are under at them speeds.

the FIA are to let Pirelli have 3 day tests to try and sort it out. now who will they pick to run the tests??????

Also.
Rumour in the F1 Paddock: Jenson Button to leave McLaren to join Red Bull Racing next season

I hope not i would rather see him in Mclaren. with the new Honda engine

agree, with Hamilton at Mercedes now, Jenson IS McLaren for me, currently. I know he ain't as great as Lewis perhaps, but he sure gets my simpathy. Hope to see him drive around Spa next year in a McLaren in the flesh (if there is still a Belgian GP that is, fingers crossed ^^)

about those 3 day tests...to get rid of all controversy it's best that they all can test them I think

Cheers

yea Button in any other team just seems wrong like when Senna left it just dint feel right,

I think he will stay as he like the team, I think it will be Kimi to go to Redbull

although, Jenson and Ross Brawn were a great team in 2009 ;D

Kimi at RB? Well, would be great to see him in a contender car for the championship (the Lotus sure is cool, but just not there yet 100%). But I dunno, Kimi and Vettel in one team? Not sure if mister 'I ignore Multi 21 bad teamplayer as I am' would be happy with that ;D

Still think it would be Ricciardo...maybe we should make it a bet ey ;D

Cheers

Button to Red bull.
Thats a new one, but then again there are less than hald a dozen drivers who have contracts set for 2014.

Horner said over the weekend they are looking at Torro Rosso or Kimi.

Curve ball Buemi (their reserve driver) or Alguersuari make a return :)

I still think the Force India drivers are ripe for the picking by a team with single digits on their cars.

I recon its going to be Kimi. the team will want what is best for the Team not for Vettel, if he does go to them im betting he will win the Title ;)

so if you want to have a bet on it :)

I wouldn't mind Jenson going to another team, but I think he should stay put. McLaren will get their act together eventually. They've said that they are concentrating on next years car now and with the new regs, I think they'll be back up their.

Pirelli have decided to change the construction of the rear tyres for this weekends GP. Instead of reinforcing them with steel, they'll use kevlar. The front tyres will remain the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23141389

Interesting ramifications here. Mercedes should receive a boost since it was they're rear tyres that were overheating. Now they should be 10C cooler. We'll have to see how the rest of the teams take care of these tyres, but I'd say Mercedes are looking strong for a win this weekend.

Ok let the silly season 2014 predictions commence! ;D

Red Bull will promote Ricciardo from Torro Rosso.

Ferrari will drop Massa in favour of Di Resta.

Sauber will bring Massa back.

Force India will bring Hulkenburg back.

Lotus will sack Grosjean and sign his mum (she's not as quick, but repair costs would go down).

;D

Lol if Kimi leaves he will stay but if Kimi stays he is gone.

i hope Nico has another win on Sunday :) Merc for pole anyone ?

mmm...I would think it would be very cool to have another Belgian in the F1 (last decent one was Thierry Boutsen, and that's a while ago)

we have a good contender: Stoffel Vandoorne is since this year part of the McLaren Young driver programme and doing great in the Formula Renault 3.5. Was the first rookie ever to win his first race and has the edge over the other McLaren young driver dude Magnussen. Since last two races in Russia Stoffel is leading the championship

oh well, probably too fast but one may dream I reckon ;D

Cheers

true, but I don't see that happening yet

still a pitty, I kinda liked Webber...he was one of the more 'normal' guys walking around in the paddock

Cheers

Latest posts

Back