F-16CG

I

Ialarmu

This is Academy's 1/32 scale F-16 falcon. Iv'e never done one this big before and I'm fairly new to aircraft builds but, It's been
a fun one.

I still have lots to do such as landing gear decals and ordinance yet.

IMG_1474.jpg

Here it is with 2 coats of future anticipating Deculz..

IMG_1476.jpg

If you need help with the Ordnance Send me a PM. Spent 10 years loading bombs and missiles on F-16s and F-15Es

Hey thanks, I kinda took the 2 greys to the blue'er side as I thought plain grey was too drab. .....Artistc license??

I got some more done on it today as it was raining so I got out of yard work with the wife ;D

IMG_1495.jpg

The landing gear was a bit of a snot but she's upright now and not a tail sitter....good ol'e split shot.

IMG_1496.jpg

Still ALOT to do...

Hoover Dam! That looks SWEEEET!

Are you using Testors Enamels? Saw the ol' square bottles. Brings back memories. (in my case...not the good ones.) :)

I use Tamyia acrylics, If the camera shot was a tad higher you would see a whole shelf of them. I mainly use testor enamels for weathering and and fine detail painting.

Hey, Just a big thanks to HWR MKII for helping me with the external stores.

The weapons are being painted as we speak :

IMG_1499.jpg

managed to get some time last night to get the pilons on, I'm still trying to get the ordinance finished. I have some little touch ups
and other little mistakes to take care of before the final dullcote.

IMG_1504.jpg

Anyone have any tips on the tail feathers?? I see alot of modellers do them real shiny but most of my referances
show them quite dirty looking.
F16_02_medium.jpg

Clean or dirty?? Hmmmmmmmm...........

Started adding the fun bits.

IMG_1505.jpg
IMG_1506.jpg

Well, I'm gonna just focus on getting this bird finished and get her posted in the finished section.
She'll be back in a few days as long as I don't screw anything up. :-\..... ;D

Latest posts

Back