F-16CG

Aww what the heck I'm gonna post some more progress here but, I AM almost done. ;D
IMG_1511.jpg

I still have a few tweaks to complete, and 1 repair that I will not devulge............
IMG_1510.jpg
I still have to install the AGM-HARM targeting pod and finish the Nav lights.

Then I'll take her outside for some final photos.

That's so sharp my eyes are bleeding! I think I said it before, I am not a Viper fan, but I am a fan of your Viper! Beauty!

Inspiring work! One question, when you shoot the Future how do you do it? I'm not having much luck getting an even coat and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Capt_Taggert said:
Inspiring work! One question, when you shoot the Future how do you do it? I'm not having much luck getting an even coat and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

I'm actually still learning with this stuff, it's not a miracle product, modellers use it because it's a very cheap,pure acrylic gloss.

It's very thin, so you need to be very careful as you WILL get runs no matter how hard you try at first. I spray it through my airbrush at about 20 PSI in quick passes. You will need to practice alot to get it to sit for you. It can be brushed on with a soft brush which some people prefer as it's self levelling and leaves no brush marks.

If your not getting even coats you may be spraying too far away which can cause a beading effect like a curling rink.

Too close and you'll get runs. If it looks to be breaking up on the surface of your paint there might be some oil on the surface or it's reacting with your paint.

If going over an enamel I would use a soft brush instead.

Hope that helps....

just out of intrest is there an equivilent to 'future' un the uk where i personally cant find it ???

froymot said:
just out of intrest is there an equivilent to 'future' un the uk where i personally cant find it ???

Hi, in the UK it's called "Johnsons clear" Apparently it's getting hard to find over there as (rumor has it) they are doing a slow pulling off the market. I guess nobody's glossing their linoleum floors anymore.

By the way I use a cheap $100 Passche VL air brush.

Latest posts

Back