ERTL Millenium Falcon accurised on a budget

morethandanorm

This was my contest entry. I had some issues come up and couldn't finish on time. I had wanted to do this for years. The contest finally inspired me to. I wanted to do the led lighting and I wanted to be able to hang it in flight. Plus i have yet to see a lit up falcon thats not on a stand. I couldn't spend the money it takes for all the resin kits. So, you'll find parts from another ERTL Falcon, an x-wing, and an Anikans pod racer kit. I burnt out the correct leds for the engine. I will replace these when they restock at Radio Shack. So for now, sorry about the cord hanglng out of it. The lights used wouldn't work off the 7.2 power source inside the falcon.
2e45e8c8.jpg

Copy2ofPicture025.jpg

8aee5dc7.jpg

bc0dbd3a.jpg
0f05afef.jpg

101_1956.jpg
bd302e13.jpg

cd5a4411.jpg

3b80fc92.jpg

3767821d.jpg

d320629f.jpg

101_1827.jpg
101_1812.jpg
4029823f.jpg

105319c1.jpg

5a00eec2.jpg

Nice job on that. Congrats on finishing a long time dream project. Well done.

WoW, WoW, WoW! That build could have possibly been a Best of Show in previous contest! The weathering and detail are flat out awesome! The LED's are just cherry on top! Beautiful build! You need to enter that in some other contests if possible. Awesome job!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Really nice job! And the photos in the dark, with all the LEDs ON - it just looks awesome!
Tell me, please, don't You have some more pics of the lighting process, aspecially concerning the LEDs on the bottom of the ship and the ones that are lighting the cockpit? As I have some projects in mind for a same kit, , and Your work would be very informative and inspirative for me :)

Hey, thanks for your comments. Yes I do have more pics. Basically took one or ten of every phase of the prodject. I'm not sure how many pics I can post for each topic. But maybe a couple more won't hurt? ;)
Copy3ofPicture025.jpg
Picture009-1.jpg
Picture023.jpg

Latest posts

Back