Earnhardt Sr. #3

Okay wheels and tires are now on and the last step is the body. This is going to take a few days to do with sanding, clear coating, decals, and clearing again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quaralane said:
Definitely liking the progress on this.
And missing Sr. on the track
Thanks, I didnt really follow Nascar that closely but I watched it when he was still alive. After he died it seemed there was no point in watching anymore. That really sucked.

I'm also not really a Nascar fan but definately a big motors sport fan.

Liking this build though, looking very clean
i didn't realise how narrow the wheel base of the Nascar cars is compared to Indy or F1. Without the body on it does look very narrow to me.

I live in Homestead, Florida, within walking distance of the end of season championship track, i realy must go see Nascar 'live' at least once in my life,
i can hear it from my patio and watch at the same time on Tv but its not the same is it?

Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
I'm also not really a Nascar fan but definately a big motors sport fan.

Liking this build though, looking very clean
i didn't realise how narrow the wheel base of the Nascar cars is compared to Indy or F1. Without the body on it does look very narrow to me.

I live in Homestead, Florida, within walking distance of the end of season championship track, i realy must go see Nascar 'live' at least once in my life,
i can hear it from my patio and watch at the same time on Tv but its not the same is it?

Gag
Thanks, yeah I've heard from a lot of people that even if your not a Nascar fan you should go to one race just to experience it. I guess its totally different. Maybe someday I will go to one.

I'm happy to say that the paint has now cured and its time to start decals. I think that for me this is the best part about building these kits. Heres what I've got started.

Unfortunatly I just noticed that they did not provide a decal for the lower part of the body that should be greyish silver. Usually they do. So I'm going to have to let these decals dry, clear coat it, and airbrush the lower stripe on the body. No big deal really, just another step to do.

Okay well Ive masked off the black and airbrushed in the gray stripe across the bottom. I still cant believe I missed that in the beginning lol.

Its now been re-clear coated and once that dries I can finish the decals and clear coat it again. After that I have a finishing kit that should really bring the shine out in this paint job.

paint and decals are turning out awesome!. I always paint the silver stripe on my Earnhardt builds lol looks better than any decal

StyreneStylist said:
paint and decals are turning out awesome!. I always paint the silver stripe on my Earnhardt builds lol looks better than any decal
Thanks! Your right, now that I've done it I think I'm going to paint the stripe on the rest of the kits even if they have the decals. It looks much better this way.

Ive still got to shoot probably two more coats of clear over the body and then I can sand it out with my polishing kit. I really cant wait to see it after its all buffed out, but thats probably another week away at least.

Latest posts

Back