Dragon M1A2 SEP

Ooohh, youre gonna love the AK Dark Steel pigment, i got mine in a recent order as well and its fantastic! just tried it out on my Merkava tracks and it gives a metallic depth different to just ordinary drybrushing! ;D

Oh....gonna be like Christmas!!! LOL!!! You don't a lot to make an amazing effect!!! ;D

Ok well since my AK Dark Steel showed up today I have to get going on the plow. For my base coat color I am using Mig Pigments Old Rust. I like this color and I think it will go well with the AK Dark Steel and then the AK streaking set mixed over top of that. I cant wait to see it all done.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LOL...there is the color I love to see!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Have at it!!! ;)

Making great progress brown, looking forward for the mine for battered and weathered :)

LGB82
The TUSK is looking Really Good I can't wait to see your Weathering on the plow!

Thanks a lot guys! The plow is coming along slowly since I havent had a lot of time this week but I have time this weekend so I'll get some pics up then.

Okay, this is the third re-do of the plow. This is my first try at using salt and trying to depict heavy rust. I found some reference photos that showed a plow with the tines basically completely rusted. This makes sense since thats where all the chipping and abrasion would happen exposing bare metal, then if it rained it would rust quickly. So thats what I was trying to depict. Not as easy as I had hoped but this is new to me. I still have to paint the skids next to the plow but those are going to be rusted and paint the color of the tank so I have to finish the plow and mask it to then do that. Thanks for looking.

Way to stick with it!! Think you are nailing the rusty side of this Aaron. The transition from the more raw steel on top to the rustier bottom works well!! You are right on top of hitting the AK Dark Steel soon!! ;)

Watching this come together really makes me want to new Tusk though as I haven't seen a Dragon for sale anywhere.

Thanks a lot TRM, Adam, and Norm! Small update here, I have put off the tracks for too long now playing around with the plow and what not. So I've somehow managed to power through a long build and knocked out both sets of tracks minus the horns on the other side. Man I'm glad I went ahead and ordered these. They are such an improvement over the box ones.

looks quality bud i want to build one of these ut cant get them for love nor money

Hey Brown, the SEP is looking great. I plan on buys Tamiyas TUSK kit when it comes out. Love how that beast looks. The plow is looking fantastic. Love the rust and metal work. I'm looking forward to see it done.

Nice bit of work the Aaron!! Muster on my friend!!! Just about there!!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This has been such a long build, its crazy to be in the final stages of it. Ive got some tinkering to do tonight, just small details. I've also got to weather up the tracks but I'm not sure when I can get to that. This week sometime.

Latest posts

Back