Dragon M1A2 SEP

Hey TRM, let me question your expertise a little more. Have you used the AK Interactive track wash? I was looking at it online and since I'm putting so much into these tracks I really want them to look good where they show on the model. Thanks, Aaron

I managed to get a little done on some of the stowage set. Mainly the back packs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice bit of stowage work there!!! ;)

As for the track wash....I do have it and yes it sits in the specially constructed rack under my pillow whilst I sleep at night!! ;D Long and the short...yes, I have used it! Since I have mostly build things with full steel tracks (at the moment) after painitng the thracks the wash is an excellent addition.....even more so when I use a lot of the AK stuff I have for more than what they are intended. Track Wash alone I have used for...LOL...track washing ::), pin washes and I have used it as a medium for mixing with pigment to add to rust and layers of rust...is it worth it? Yes.

PM coming your way!! ;D

Hors d'oeuvres anyone? Well I have got to get going on this stowage because whats going to happen is I will end up finishing the tank and want to call it done with out the stowage. So I want to have all the stowage ready for when the tank is finished and put all on at once. Heres where I'm at.

Getting close!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Keep hitting those tracks and you have this one all dolled up!!!

Thanks TRM, I've got hours left tonight still that I can work. I'm getting the ammo cans going now. Thank heavens for toothpicks!

Good to see this coming all together, Brown. :) as for the challenger I'm having a hard time finishing due to lack of resources here, as of late I'm taping the tank with tape, pattern for the thermal pads then I'll have to plan on how to do the barracuda netting and my top problem the enforcer II next time I'm not entering a complicated build ;D

LOL...yeah, these builds tend to eat into my wife's toothpick stash as well!! All in the effort of progress and art my friend!! ;D

Okay, so I'm plugging away on the stowage set here. The base colors are done and now I'm consecutively dry brushing lighters shades over top to make them more realistic and have depth. I've also gloss coated the tank and am starting to decal. Pics of that coming soon.

Well heres a mock up off the kit. The tank is gloss coated right now and I'm in the process of applying some decals. I'm playing around with the stowage just adding some small details and fading to it. It looks funny because its so shiny, I cant wait to see it flat coated.

Nice stowage painting...really coming alive once you start tossing things on there!!! Keep up the great work!! ;)

Been weathering here and slowly adding some of the AK streaking effects. Its not showing up great on picture though. I cant use the flash because the model is still gloss coated. I'm going to let it sit for a day and come back to see if I want to add more streaking and grime. Thanks for looking.

Thanks TRM! This is such a fun part of the build. I also played around with the front plow doing what you said with a paint brush and peeling back to expose some more rust. Thats all temporary though, I've still got to re-shoot the rust color and I'm hoping my AK Dark Steel shows up today. I'm glad I did a practice run though to kind of get a feel for it. Its one thing to read how to do it but to try it out first hand not worried if you screw up helps a lot. Other than that I'm still slowly adding dirt and grime to the kit. So no pics yet, I'm trying to wait until I flat coat it so that I can take a picture with flash again.

the Abrams is looking good mate! Its definitely a model i need to build in the future! cant wait to see more weathering on it!

BTW, i dont know what kind of camera/flash you are using, but what you could do is hold a sheet of white paper a few inches in front of the flash to help diffuse the light/bounce it to the ceiling. this should make the light softer and prevent (or at least reduce) the glare from the gloss coat!

Thanks for the tip and the compliment Andrei383, also I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone. I've had such fun building it so far!!

Wow not 20 minutes ago I posted that I hoped my AK Dark Steel would be here and next thing I know my wife gets home with a small package for me. SWEET!!!!

Latest posts

Back