Dragon 1/350 USS Arleigh Burke Class

Looking for very good inded ;D

i remenber when these monsters used to visit Cobh, Ireland, they were so impressive up close, and they certainly doesnt lose any of their presence in 1/350 ;)

great stuff,

shane

Thanks a lot guys!!! comments / opinions are welcome

since the Dragon Instructions lacks of decals instruction/ rigging location/ other bits and pieces.

Ship update: almost finish just a bit of details and weathering and she's almost ready to set sail, oh her maiden voyage, still undecided if I will do the rigging or not, to prevent more disaster Cool

2012-03-24134048.jpg
2012-03-24133949.jpg
2012-03-24133826.jpg

Once again Thanks for looking!!!

ER

She's a looker ER!!! If you take your time, the rigging shouldn't be so bad!! Keep it going!!! ;)

I'm still practicing your SBS on the yukikaze tread. it would not even go about 2 inch long :-[

Possible it could be the sprue (Some are harder to work with than others), but, if you let it burn for a couple seconds, it heats up the core of the plastic. When you stick it, pull slow.

Second trick...find some mono-filament line....black fishing line, real thin....works pretty good too!! ;)

Finally the rigging done (First time) with Guitar strings, just need to coat it with metallic grey. still a lot of details need to paint and decals to put, double checking reference.

2012-03-31150734.jpg

2012-03-31152301.jpg

Thank for looking!!! :D

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I will still try other options in the future stretch sprue :)

Mighty fine job with the guitar string ER!!! She is looking really nice!!! Keep it going!!!

Thanks, T and Brown!!!

I did encounter some trouble with the CA glue, I had to hold the line for a bit before it set on the mast, and there's no instruction that I part should be glued first before the rigging. :)

after a long delay, finally finished the ship... I may build another one but this time it will be 1/700, ships is bigger than I thought not much of a space saver, thanks for checking :)

Arleigh Burke DDG-51

PA220090.jpg

PA220091.jpg

PA220093.jpg

PA220088.jpg

PA220092.jpg

PA220087.jpg

Thanks for viewing :)

Well done ER!! Congrats on the finish...she is a looker!!! I really like the added rusting around the anchor well!!! Good luck at the show!! ;)

Nice job, I've never done a ship but kinda always wanted to. Dont worry about the long delay, you got it finished and it looks great, thats all that matters.

By the way ER are you going to post a thread of that challenger you have on the bench. Those are awesome tanks! I did the Tamiya Challenger II, loved it.

Thanks for the comments, Brown much appreciated as for the challenger I'm havin a hard time with the thermal pads and Barracuda netting above all the Enforcer II but I'm plan to finish but not this year.

CheerS!!

ER

looks quality i too have never built a ship but looking at your work and the others on here im going to look at getting one

Thanks Gee, no harm in trying one buds... after all there a lot of ship builder here to help you out :)

Latest posts

Back