Dragon 1/350 USS Arleigh Burke Class

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Hi Herds!!

I'll be doing my first ship as a side build... from armors and aircraft.

the Dragon kit consist of 3 grey sprues, 1 sheet of PE for the railings and for the parts of the bow (I think)
and the lower hull. decals are made by Cartograf. optional build from DDG-51 (Arleigh Burke) to DDG-58 (Laboon)

100_0362.jpg

100_0363.jpg

The lower hull needs some braces and brackets for stability especially in the middle, its bend inward test fitted the deck.

100_0366.jpg

started the super structure, puttied and sprayed Tamiya grey primer (Fine) the one in the left is a putty eater ;D

Thanks for looking!

Cool. Looking forward to this. I just acquired a few 1/350 ships. This is all new territory to me.

Ace, Thumbs!!! thanksfor looking!!! this is also a new territory for me... I'm just waiting for the weather clears to start pre-shading and painting some of the deck... :)

A bit of update:

100_0368.jpg

dry fit the deck to the hull, put 2 brackets since the middle of the hull is bend inward.

100_0370.jpg

pre-painted the super structure with Dark grey for the deck, and neutral grey for the hull.

Thanks for looking!!

Will be following this build with interest - looks like a fun kit there! Best of luck!

(Is that an F-22 in the background ...?)

Thanks, I'm a bit of stuck right now, I left the oil wash to dry... on the raptor. so the ship will be stuck at as well in the ship yard. :)

After a very long update: Manage to go back to the Shipyard 8)

Pre-shading done on the hull, super structure still needs a lot of detailing, paint some bits and pieces, I painted the bridge glass (manually in one by one with semi gloss black)

100_0552.jpg
100_0551.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Lookin' very good Eastrock! I think my ship I was moored next to that ship (Arleigh Burke) When I was in the NAVY.

Cool!!! mind if you have any close up reference aside from wikipedia?

like to detail the super structure as much as possible thanks

I'll take a look at my photo albums see if I have any pics I can share.

its about more or less 14" inches, buddies she's huge its eating up shelf space, dunno If I'll still do the rigging.

Still on the ship yard... Build update.

The Hull was painted with Tamiya Red hull and Neutral Grey thin with Gunze Thinner. as you see here in the pic, its a bit matte or flat color rather than the shiny when you thin it with alcohol and Tamiya Retarder, you can also see the difference on the super structure... its a bit dull right? salt damage weathered ship ???

2012-02-25173235.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Myke, will do still have a lot of work for the ship, thought this one is easy :)

Build Update :)

The hull been painted, now one of the problem is the flight deck... need to paint it by hand... I'll try to stencil and use the decal as a guide to make the deck more uniform in color. Since DML had left out the decal for the Helicopter flight deck :eek:

2012-03-03091415.jpg

2012-03-03091459.jpg

Thanks for looking!!! :D

Wow...looks good here too ER!! LOL!!! Great work so far buddy!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back