Dragon 1:35 - Stug III Ausf/8 Late Production

Panzer my man thanks for the links they will help me ;D, Im planing on a winter dio with this one ;D so ima have to let you down on the green,

Ken thanks man you are a Gem.

Okay,

this is about 26 minutes long, I didn't edit it for time or to remove any mistakes and just rolled the camera while I talked. If it sucks, or you need some better explanations about something or even more of the tracks assembly, just let me know specifically what you want and what this video didn't cover.

Hope this helps...

K~

Individual track links how-to

haha i prob should have said Lenght insted of Long. ;D i see now what you are getting at with the tracks its more tedious than anything but ill stick with them. and after having a good look trough the kit and instruction sheet it looks like the kit comes with at least a half interior.
as for the etch set it does come with some not a lot. I also dont think the fenders need replcemnt because they look pretty decent to me and ive bent my share of fenders in my time with heat.

thanks for teh Vid Ken Realy helpfull,

spud said:
Panzer my man thanks for the links they will help me ;D, Im planing on a winter dio with this one ;D so ima have to let you down on the green,

Ken thanks man you are a Gem.

SPUD,

No Worries Bro. Go for th Winter Camo !! After realizing that there are WinterKetten Trax it's better to use those on a Winter Dio !! I'm lookin' forward to this Build Bro !!

I agree - Cool Video Ken !

ya ild love to get it going but i want to finish the 203mm howitzer first im hoping to start painting that next week end with some luck. that has some tracks for me to practice with :)

I'm with madman, i would bulid it oob. That kit looks fantastic.. And thanks for the vid, I have added it to my favs bar for easy access when its time for me to assemble some magic tracks(hopefully soon).

SPUD,

Yeah Baby .... let this build sit on th back burner & simmer !! Also, here's some cool reference for when you get your Teeth into this Build

- http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/ - A very trust worthy & Up to date account of How th German's painted Their Panzers ... Inside & Out !! Take noted of Dates as some Interior colors changed to Oxide Red for a short time & then went back to ElfinBein. Cheers .... \m/

oh nice thanks for that panzer. im so itching to start it but ill hold offi dont want to get too far ahead of my projects that they will take a year to get going again.. just like the williams Fw14b i bought back in feb 20 1996. recept still on the end of the box ;D its a 1:12 scale ill get that done some day

well i made a start on it today and alread ive come up agesnt a hurdle you think the guys doing teh instructions for dragon would work closer with the guys who say what goes were.

this is my problem.
_MG_1230.jpg
but when i found Q38 this is what it was
_MG_1231.jpg
after looking over all the spurs i found these and i think they are them but im not sure, they are Q22
_MG_1234.jpg

ive been looking to see if anyone has built one on the web to make sure before i make a mistake but im not having much luck, so would any of you guy know of any builds off hand??

Wow, Spud, :D

Another one, mate???

I thought it was either Panzerace007 or Tony Lee who got enslaved the "modelling dwarves" and got them chained day & night to the table, buy boy, I think that you got some of them also... ;D

Mate, I was to tell you that if you finished this SPG before next Monday I would shave my head... but I´ve seriously thought twice before opening the mouth... I won´t dare to bet against your modelling warp-speed, Spud !! ;D

Come on, keep shoveling coal for the boiler !

Cheers,
RG

ScaleModelMadman said:
Okay,

this is about 26 minutes long, I didn't edit it for time or to remove any mistakes and just rolled the camera while I talked. If it sucks, or you need some better explanations about something or even more of the tracks assembly, just let me know specifically what you want and what this video didn't cover.

Hope this helps...

K~thanks for the tip with the tracks its the job i hate the most and been relatively new to this hobby i have a lot of problems and i agree with what you say about after market as well many thanks

john#

Individual track links how-to

lol jelly no way will this one be done by then ;D i just started it to pass the time while i was waiting on my delivery that bever arived...

lol im almost certin those bits are what im looking for so ill stick them on and see what im missing later in the build ;D

StuG from video in the 1st message is Ausf. G initial production, not F/8
otherwise - I think you are correct with part numbers, wrong numbers are usual for Dragon...
'

Ya dragon seem to like keeping the modeller on there toes

it wont be done soon so you will have to wait! lol, i only started it to pass the time while i was waiting on a delivery as soon as thats here today im hoping ill post it up.

stupid postman pat left me down again today..... GRRR so i drove on and made the read wheels, im going to tackle the track next to get it out of the way its and interesting looking
Mk26699.jpg

ok on to my progress pics.

as you can see i have the small wheels painted.
_MG_1235.jpg
_MG_1236.jpg

Tuby
_MG_1237.jpg

wheel shaft thingys in the tub
_MG_1238.jpg

will post an other pic o later with some tracks

Latest posts

Back