Destroid Spartan 1/72 Bandai (Imai Reissue)

That's some kind of grill that you put on your stove to avoid splashing oil, for example... Sorry I really don't know the english words for this kind of objects. That's the kind of thing I have to deal with since I learned English by reading comic books and watching Star Trek and Star Wars. They rarely use this kind of terms... :) :D

grille-anti-eclaboussures-cuisipro.jpg

couvercle_anti-projection.jpg

"Splatter screen" so that's the word :)

Thanks Grendels !

Thanks Quaralane... This kind of model kits really need some attention... If I had time, and money, I would have completely revisited the articulations too. But not quite in my mood... The destroids are not very dynamic, so, the pose is pretty straightforward :D

Resume the WIP...

I can't help but paint on the parts barely assembled (not glued).

The details added, the grills, are more than OK.

Ultimatly I have to glue the parts and began sanding here and there...

I need to place a reflective surface (likely something shiny to glue on the clear parts concerning the lights) to simulate the lights.

The hands need some attention and more sanding but I will glue the fingers soon...

And HERE WE GO
The lights are done, the cameras are done too (the red one here on the torso and... elsewhere :D ), and the hands are complete.

I really dig the general look but something is missing... What did I forgot ?

The rear torso need special attention, use the clear parts, that are fragile and have a perfect fit here is a real challenge. It works perfectly on the left, it's a disaster on the right.

But the shoulder gills are really OK.

ANother camera done with a little jewelry... A Strass or something...

More putty and sanding on the legs... And I figure what I forgot...

I forgot the missing details on the leg and feet. I check for parts, and found what I was looking for very quickly. THe fun part is that with the Tamiya Thin Cement the parts will be glued easily once given the appropriate shape.

The lights are OK, the white glue has cured and it's really shiny.

Now need to ad the other details, paint, and add the decals...

I did not know that site! the artwork is very cool!
Very glad the put out the soundtrack, need to buy it ^_^
I have the series on DVD as well, really love it

Cool, I'd love to see an odyseus model, that ship really impressed me when I was a kid, still think it's one of the cooleest ever.

Latest posts

Back