Darph Bobo's Contest Build-o-Rama

Grumpy Popeye

After much head scratching and staring intently at my kit stash, I've finally decided what I'm going to build for the contest!

First up, I'm going to put together this fine piece of Luh-suh, Stargazer's FireFly. I've been holding out on building it, hoping to figure a way to squeeze a bunch of sequencer lights into the gravity ring. I've decided instead to just build the Gorram thing and enjoy it!

P4060614.jpg

Next up, a rare car build for me, a late model Mistubshi Delica, similar to that I've been driving until recently! darn I miss that van! :'(
P4060619.jpg

Also rare as these vans are seldom seen outside of British Columbia and rare as it took my local hobby shop a couple months to get one of these in for me!

In the meantime I have four other builds to complete, so this will be...interesting to say the least!

Re: Finally decided!

Definitely the a van looks great!!! looking forward with the build Darph :D

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:
D'OH!

Darph is in the sci-fi category...I might as well throw in the towel.

Well, not yet..But good luck Darph.

lol! Thank you for the compliment, you give me too much credit! The real challenge for me will be to actually FINISH a model! ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing your build! I bet it will be a cracker! 8)

You never tipped the Mitsubishi minivan? They're so high up! But they look cool too. I always see one outside the park gates near Marmot in Jasper.

Oh Man beautiful Serenity 8) Great choice of subject! Good Luck! :D

That Firefly looks sweet!
That would be great to see it finished - I can't recall I've encountered this kit done in web for now.
Great choice!

NecronautDrummer said:
You never tipped the Mitsubishi minivan? They're so high up! But they look cool too. I always see one outside the park gates near Marmot in Jasper.

Never tipped her, she handled like my old sports car! Except my old sports car could never do this:

100_0361.jpg

100_0367.jpg

I dig that 4WD van. What a versatile rig. must have been great for camping and whatnot.

Lol, its a shame Firefly was ever cancelled. Awesome show. The Van reminds me of the old Daihatsu Hi-Jets from way back when. Good times. Good luck on the builds. Some AllClad would sure make Serenity pop :)

Nice subject ....

one point ! next video ? kill the radio ! LOL

Good luck ! you have a great subject and I am looking forward to see what you
do with it !!!

Lit or not.. it will be good !

Take care buddy !

Very interested in the outcome of your builds. Keep Building! Good luck in contest!

Great videos! Keep up the good work, she'll be soaring like a leaf on the wind in no time.

Latest posts

Back