D-Day collective build?

80th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day, have something period related in your stash?

Hey I just came across this collective build thread...can I get some insight on what that entails, I suppose how it works I mean?
Basically a member opens a thread with a suggestion for a build, it can be absolutely anything, something you always wanted to build, something really out there or maybe something very personal with alot of memories.

Other members see the thread and join in. Then a rough start date and away we go.

No pressure to start at exactly the same time and no completion date, just say when you're done. Post plenty of photos along the way so others can learn from mistakes and also get idea's as you build.

It's great fun and you get to build things that you would never have thought of. Pantherman

Basically a member opens a thread with a suggestion for a build, it can be absolutely anything, something you always wanted to build, something really out there or maybe something very personal with alot of memories.

Other members see the thread and join in. Then a rough start date and away we go.

No pressure to start at exactly the same time and no completion date, just say when you're done. Post plenty of photos along the way so others can learn from mistakes and also get idea's as you build.

It's great fun and you get to build things that you would never have thought of. Pantherman
Just got off of the phone with Pantherman.
My suggestion is that we do have a "due date" on this group build of June 1st. Such being that we may create a dedicated thread of our completed builds with what words of tribute to accompany them.
Then forward the thread to the D-Day Museums in Portsmouth England and New Orleans, Louisiana.
At the very least let others know these courageous men are not forgotten.
Comments?

Hi! D-day will be 80 years ago come June, and I read about an idea for a commemorative build.

I really like that idea, and am going for a "beer delivery" Spitfire mk IX as well as a Tempest.

Would anyone else care to join me in this?
I will join in on this since it’s not due until June.
Not sure what my build will be, possibly a C-47. I will post it when I start the build.

I'm a bit torn. I could do a PT boat for this as well. Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 35 was involved in support on D-Day. They cleared mines, fired on shore defenses and provided AA defense. PT's 510-521 patrolled the Channel from June - November of '44. It appeals to me mainly because so many personnel helped support the landings and most people don't even realize it.

I'm a bit torn. I could do a PT boat for this as well. Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 35 was involved in support on D-Day. They cleared mines, fired on shore defenses and provided AA defense. PT's 510-521 patrolled the Channel from June - November of '44. It appeals to me mainly because so many personnel helped support the landings and most people don't even realize it.
I like it!!! These are the details often lost.

Latest posts

Back