Cracked canopy. any ideas to help fix?

I always shed a teer when i see that one! That kit is so hard to find. If it was a ME-109 it wouldn't bother me so much. :p

I had pretty good luck with a Future bath to solve a similar problem. Grab a corner of the canopy with the smallest clip you can find but be carefull; if you get Future between the clamp and the canopy it will slip out of the clamp. Dip it in some Future and blot one corner to remove the excess or you'll end up with a hardened drop of acrylic on the bottom of the canopy. Put it aside overnight and watch that crack disappear.

I am still crying from laughing at the video .... too funny

One way I have fixed clear plastic windshields is to glue the crack shut polish both sides and remold the part or make a clear coat copy ... I will have to make a video or a photo tut of the process for both.

Here's the proper way to glue models that don't want to stay glued. I also fix all my most difficlult models using this technique.
"http://www.youtube.com/v/jNeB2pV2F4k?fs=1&hl=en_US"

You could always vacuum form a new canopy, Use your original as the master and draw some thin clear plastic over top of the old one. Presto a new canopy that is even thinner than the original.

Latest posts

Back