Cracked canopy. any ideas to help fix?

Ferris928

Hey guys!
I could use some help and advise on this. Is there anyway to bring it back?

Image13.jpg
Image10.jpg
Image12.jpg
Image8.jpg
Image11.jpg
Image7.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image1.jpg

It's the windscreen of a monogram 1/48 A-37 Dragonfly. I bought it off ebay a couple of years ago and was thinking of entering the WOMW GB with it if i can get it fixed. I wouldn't start fixing it until the GB start of course. :)

Thanks!

Yes, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly how. I think you glue it normally and once it is thoroughly bonded back together you have to sand and polish it back. BUT I would try it first on a scrapped model canopy before you try it on this one, AGAIN, I am NOT sure about this procedure!

A alternative is to maybe vacuum form a replacement or model your dragonfly with ground fire damage.

I have seen a few videos on youtube about removing scratches from a canopy. But nothing about repairing a crack.

Search youtube for this user: plasticfenatic08

He won't allow you to link videos for some reason.

If you find out, let me know. I have a cracked canopy on my Harrier Revell kit. It was marked discounted because of that and I thought I can just find a vacuform for it but nada,

I been thinking about making my own vacuform for it, you might wanna try that.

I think I might try a future bath with it. MAybe slightly (carefully) bending it to get the future into the crack.

Chung......need a new monitor, think your homies can russel one up for me? Mine kinda had a short when I spewed my morning coffee all over it watching this video!!

:) I'm glad it made you guys laughed. I was hoping it wasn't too goofy that it went beyond people's heads. lol I'm gonna make more. I figured it's a good break from my other long diatribe videos. lol

Wow! you repared that clacked canopy like a pro. :eek:
I couldnt see anything after that let alone a crack.

LOL!

Your kung-fu is good! You have achieved the happiness of the spawning cricket!

I just showed Annie my wife the video....I think she is still laughing!

She says that it would me a great TV ad for Elm City Hobbies! HAHA!

Elm City Hobbies said:
I just showed Annie my wife the video....I think she is still laughing!

She says that it would me a great TV ad for Elm City Hobbies! HAHA!

HAHA! :) Awesome! :)

Latest posts

Back