Contest Q&A

Sorry for just trying to understand the rules guys. Guess I'm a idiot blonde. Being a member of the forum for less then a year and never ever entering any type of competition like this you would think Id have the rules memorized. Sorry for asking a question.

You want to see idiot blonde, wait until you see my first progress report; there may be a forum vote to keep me away from all sharp tools (and only near blunt ones with adult supervision!). And we won't even mention glues and paints... yet. :eek:

Les said:
You want to see idiot blonde, wait until you see my first progress report; there may be a forum vote to keep me away from all sharp tools (and only near blunt ones with adult supervision!). And we won't even mention glues and paints... yet. :eek:

I don't know I'm very confused anymore these days. Everyone always emphasized after I joined this forum that if you had a question all you had to do was ask everyone would be glad to answer. Well anymore as of the past couple months that doesn't seem to be the case, you ask a question, your made to look a fool. Takes the fun right out of it. I dunno. Shruggs. Guess Ill just do my thing. I don't want to be labeled the little boy that cried wolf. I think I have my other kit figured out. Waiting on some paint colors to arrive to get started with the kit. Will probably be posting a build thread of it sometime this week. Anxious to see your wip thread Les. Keep us updated.

Chin up hooters yer Question here seemed a lil silly because a Tank is Armor, There was 1 tank put in the aircraft section last year by mistake by Scott at the end for voting so maybe this is what confused you,

So Ask yer Questions, This is how we learn some will take the piss but just ignore them and reply to the answers you seek. :)

That's how I felt as well and for some reason I read or viewed somewhere something about a tank in aircraft last year which is what sparked the reason for the question. Thanks for the words Spud. Ill be starting my other entry this week sometime.

If it's the same as last year, it's 6 basic angle shots for the final submissions. But you can take as many as you want for your build thread!

I was going to go After Market for gauges, roll cage and some interior details for my entry but found a discounted NASCAR kit at the hobby shop. Will parting this out affect the category of my build? Still just Automotive, right?

Maybe move it from "Insane" to "Absurd"?

Dale

My build is going to be about 90% scratched....so not sure how I need to enter. Because I have tons of greeblie bits at my disposal, and can't really fit everything into a shot with something showing the date, and have it be visible. ::)

No worries on that. just a pic with the date, and a few bits of styrene showing.

When you pay the entry fee and send the pic of your kit unstarted to Mr. Girvan, if you want to post work in progress pics do you start a new topic with your entrey name?

raysfan98 said:
When you pay the entry fee and send the pic of your kit unstarted to Mr. Girvan, if you want to post work in progress pics do you start a new topic with your entrey name?

Yep! That's all you have to do. Have fun and good luck! :)

A question for those in the know:

I had a reply to my build log update on youtube where someone suggested thinning down putty so I could brush it on and save on sanding, etc. It is an idea I would explore, but I want to check here first. While I new to the hobby and my build will not challenge for any win/place/show, I do want to follow the rules.

Is it okay to act on another persons advice when I am building an entry for the competition? I wanted to get a yes or no before I acted on the advice.

Thank you in advance,

Les

Latest posts

Back