Contest Q&A

Thanks ECH clearing it out, Since its already March 1 here but to be fair I'll wait for Scott to open the tread, to be fair with the others around the globe :D

cheers!!

spud said:
got an other one, If i wanted to enter one of my busts in the fig cat could i do so.

the head is base coated but i want to redo that anyhow so as it is resin and can clean it right back, i can always buy another one but there pricy

Scott already answered this, but you aren't alone. I decromed some parts and that disqualified a parts kit. Another $20 USD for a suspension but I'm not complaining. I'm in this for fun.

Dale

G/T Engineering

yea 20 usd isnt bad a bust is around £40 :-\ but no matter if i have time ill do one if not im not worried

Sorry guys, I really don't understand what the confusion is.

Un-started, means un-started, IE: no work done to the kit at all. Doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a brand new kit, it can be a kit from your stash, as long as it is un-started.

This is a model contest, not rocket science, shouldn't really be a question as to what is an un-started kit. Seems pretty obvious that and un-started kit is one that hasn't had ANY work done to it.

um Scott cleared it up already Scott i asked a simple question and he answered it. i only mentioned the price of a bust as there not cheap and i dont have another in the stash,

So if i want to Enter a bust i will have to buy one plain and simple No Confusion NONE!

It's nearly 22:30 so close to but not quite close enough. I don't my honorable Irish neighbour (country wise spud) but I'm physicaly itching to start lol

lol it is but i forgot to load my card to pay my entry so not worry's ill get in tomorrow after work :)

March 1 here ;D
I hope to get cracking after work tonight, where do we post our build threads?

spud said:
um Scott cleared it up already Scott i asked a simple question and he answered it. i only mentioned the price of a bust as there not cheap and i dont have another in the stash,

So if i want to Enter a bust i will have to buy one plain and simple No Confusion NONE!

No offense Spud, I wasn't singling you out by any means, but at the same time, the head had primer on it already, IE: the kit was already started. Even if you strip the primer off and are back to bare resin, it is still started, IE: would only qualify for the All Open.

Seems simple to me, un-started, no paint, no glue, no chrome stripped, no parts clean up, sure parts fall off the sprues, no one cares about that, but it is pretty simple, un-started means, un-started, IE: no work what so ever done to the kit.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squizzy!

rookie said:
March 1 here ;D
I hope to get cracking after work tonight, where do we post our build threads?

In the main contest section...one level up.

Elm City Hobbies said:
spud said:

No offense Spud, I wasn't singling you out by any means, but at the same time, the head had primer on it already, IE: the kit was already started. Even if you strip the primer off and are back to bare resin, it is still started, IE: would only qualify for the All Open.

Seems simple to me, un-started, no paint, no glue, no chrome stripped, no parts clean up, sure parts fall off the sprues, no one cares about that, but it is pretty simple, un-started means, un-started, IE: no work what so ever done to the kit.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squizzy!

yes well i did want to make sure as it is Resin and very easy to make unstated ;D

Are PE brass and other random bits fair game to add to our entries? I'd like to post my entries tomorrow, but I haven't bought any PE stuff yet. I also have tons and tons of random bits.

Scott,

Do I have to declare what kit Im building when I pay my entry fee for the contest ? Im only paid once per month so I wanna pay the entry fee on payday so its out of the way and Im guaranteed to be good to go although I have no clue what kit Im going to do as of yet ? So can I pay my entry fee tonight via paypal and then declare what kit Im building at a later date ?

I've got one of these guys shipping to me. It's somewhere between New Zealand and Toronto. On $5 shipping, so I may not see it until sometime next century, but if it does show up anytime soon does it qualify as a figure?

71006.jpg

Either way, my plan is to build this first, hopefully some additional conversion bits show up:

OrbShip_LRG.jpg

Derek that eye.head/monster thing looks crazy, and the orb ship looks cool also.

hooterville75 said:
Scott,

Do I have to declare what kit Im building when I pay my entry fee for the contest ? Im only paid once per month so I wanna pay the entry fee on payday so its out of the way and Im guaranteed to be good to go although I have no clue what kit Im going to do as of yet ? So can I pay my entry fee tonight via paypal and then declare what kit Im building at a later date ?

No problem. You can decide later and email me the pic.

unttld said:
I've got one of these guys shipping to me. It's somewhere between New Zealand and Toronto. On $5 shipping, so I may not see it until sometime next century, but if it does show up anytime soon does it qualify as a figure?

71006.jpg

Either way, my plan is to build this first, hopefully some additional conversion bits show up:

OrbShip_LRG.jpg

Nice stuff. Yup that's a figure.

Latest posts

Back