Contest Q&A

I have a complete unbuilt kit that I'd like to use for suspension parts in an auto build, but I have already stripped all the chrome with Purple Power. All the parts are still on the sprues. Is this OK? I am assuming that the rules allow raiding the parts box but the build can't start before the contest gun goes off.

Dale

Having considered the rules I guess I'll take the challenge to not have a base at the time of finishing. I do not know, how to do it, but will have to make do. As somebody said earlier: SMA's contest, SMA's rules.
Indeed the flexibilty of rules is a good thing. The conest will be "new" in each year!
So...
Tally Ho!
Guido

scaledale said:
I have a complete unbuilt kit that I'd like to use for suspension parts in an auto build, but I have already stripped all the chrome with Purple Power. All the parts are still on the sprues. Is this OK? I am assuming that the rules allow raiding the parts box but the build can't start before the contest gun goes off.

Dale

Dechroming is considered to have started the kit already. I am in the same position with a build...all I have done is stripped the chrome but I can't enter it because technically it is started.

We simply have to draw a line in the sand.

Ok the New Prize for the past winners Is an Awesome Idea Scott :)

Scott Girvan said:
Dechroming is considered to have started the kit already. I am in the same position with a build...all I have done is stripped the chrome but I can't enter it because technically it is started.

We simply have to draw a line in the sand.
OK. I'll find another source kit for the suspension parts. Body, chassis, suspension and engine will all be from seperate un-started kits. Now I need to dig out my PayPal password. I never use that thing. That makes you guys "Special".
This will be my first contest since I was a teen and that was, like, 50 years ago. No kidding. I took Honorable Mention.

Dale

Hey, never entered one of your contests before bit I am very keen to this year!

Just wanted to ask what a junior is defined as (i'm 16...) also are there prizes for the junior winners ?

Also how do you pay the entrance fee? is that worked out after the competition is over ? (so I don't have to worry about that before starting my entry on the 1st) ?

Finally can you photograph your entry on a reflective surface, giving the appearance of water ? (as long as it's a plain surface)

Cheers ;D

[quote author=ZombiesRCoolPainting]
Just wanted to ask what a junior is defined as (i'm 16...) also are there prizes for the junior winners ?[/quote]
17 and under.

[quote author=ZombiesRCoolPainting]Also how do you pay the entrance fee? is that worked out after the competition is over ? (so I don't have to worry about that before starting my entry on the 1st) ?[/quote]
Payment via paypal. You will be able to as of March 1st, through the end of the contest.

[quote author=ZombiesRCoolPainting]Finally can you photograph your entry on a reflective surface, giving the appearance of water ? (as long as it's a plain surface)[/quote]
Sure.

Ok, great thread and I'm really excited about this competition! And what sweet prize support, some major incentive here to really bring it and for all of us to step it up. It's gonna be sweet, and will hopefully increase all of the competitor's skill level.

That being said, and sorry if this was addressed, but what if figure's come with the kit? I know many Tamiya armor kits include some figures. They're part of the kit, in box.

The kit I'm thinking of using for this does include figures not strictly speaking part of the main model body. Just to be crystal clear, I should not include them?

And thanks again guys for this contest, it's awesome and I'm already excited and ready to begin work!

Cool.

Yeah, in the case of armor...just the tank. You can take contest photos once the tank is done then continue to add figures, base etc...after.

funny no one mentioned the potential of a ...where I took my contest build too..thread, after the contest is long gone.

The rules have been tightened up so that more people can enjoy the victory of completion. It will be fun.

IN the new prize for previous winners do we get an autograph by Scott copy of the issue ?

Whats the ruling on parts box spares? I have unused tires from a finished kit I'd like to use.

Da_
Nyet_

Do people usually open build threads within the Contest section once the thing gets going or keep their progress a secret? Or personal taste?

Thor's Daily Driver is coming ;]

Dale

Kit bashes are ok. The deal is that the actual build isn't started, but sourcing parts from a parts bin is cool.

WIP threads are optional. Some do, some don't. Your call.

How can i sign up a model for entering contest?
Just by posting the begining of the building is that model already in contest?

Latest posts

Back