Contest Chatter

Just ordered a Figure for the fig cat :) i need a reason to up my skills in this department and i hope i am able to do the fig i bought some form of justice :)

Oh this is gonna be sooooooo much fun! Never been in a modeling contest before but i got a competitive streak a mile wide! Got so many awesome builders here and I just hope I can an honorable mention or something! I think the main thing is would be we all have fun doing something we all love to do! I'd really like to see some of the Juniors get in on this. I stop and think about how much I've learned since I opened the very first model I did. It was an F-15 Airplane (I think the Blue Angels kit) and I ended up taking all the pieces off the sprues first thing. If I knew then what I know now... I tell ya, I probably would have still taken the pieces of the sprues, but I'd have some better tools to hold them while I painted! LOL So much paint... so little finger skin and dining room table surface left to cover! LOL After that I think I built a El Camino and that's when I really started paying attention. Mom let me take the completed car to school for show and tell. I can still remember pointing out all the wires I painted under the hood thinking it was so cool! I think that's what got me hooked. Knowing that everyone really liked seeing what I built with my bare hands... and all at 6 years old. Those were the days and I know if we get the juniors of today as interested as we were back then, this hobby will last forever! :)

Support and excitement has been awesome. We are already 25% in our our annual running budget and it's only been a few days.

I am very thankful.

I am now thinking of doing two more kits for the contest a 1/48 scale airwolf copter and a 1/72 U.S. coast guard patrol boat the airwolf has minamal interior detail due to no real access to the rear compartment, so I may decide on something else don't know yet.

As far as "multiple" builds go for me, I'm going to wait until I get the 'fury done first.
Then, I'll see how much time I have left to work with

Quaralane said:
As far as "multiple" builds go for me, I'm going to wait until I get the 'fury done first.
Then, I'll see how much time I have left to work with

Agreed, that's the silver could of no diorama section. I can now focus on 1 good kit rather than rushing multiple kits, bases etc, and a 2nd if time allows.

WebbyNZ said:
Agreed, that's the silver could of no diorama section. I can now focus on 1 good kit rather than rushing multiple kits, bases etc, and a 2nd if time allows.

Yup. That's it.

i think its great supporting the site but i also think if you put all you efforts in to maybe 2 kits you will more time to improve it and not rush it. but every man to there own i say. :)

Rush? Me? Never! I think I work pretty quickly usually and I do plan out my time very efficiently when it comes to building...logical checklists and all that...

Im going to be trying some new techniques IVe learned on the first kit I build to enter. As I complete a kit, Ill enter another one in another division of coure. It would be SO AWESOME to win a division as I need paint badly ha ha. 60 color set is rad. Finishing second or third wouldn't be that bad either because I could use an additional airbrush as well ha ha.

The Ju 88 is out. Time to pull something else off the stash, probably in the all open category.

I want to enter a tank in the contest, but I can't decide between my Bronco SU-152 and my Dragon Dicker Max.

Dusky said:
I want to enter a tank in the contest, but I can't decide between my Bronco SU-152 and my Dragon Dicker Max.

I say... why not just build both! :) You double your chances of winning that way! :)

Opinion needed!

Which one of these should I build???? Both really isn't an option either!

image_zpsdb5083e9.jpg
image_zps18ade02f.jpg

I need Sage Wisdom!!!

Latest posts

Back