Contest Chatter

I should say not only new relationships but also some very, very faithful previous sponsors. Badger, ECH, AK USA, Xuron, Model Man Tom, members....truly great companies and even greater ppl. Ken, Scott, Iain, Abby..etc.

Scott Girvan said:
Neo said:
OH NO Dont you dare come and mess up my wingny category with you amazing skill set :p

LOL. I don't hold a candle man... Then again if there is a thumbprint camo scheme for this...

Yeah its called Digital Camo !! LOL :p

in french Finger print = empreinte digitale = Digital camo

JMac said:
adampolo13 said:
Hey ER, guess all of us going in the Wingy cat will have to raise our games a bit. Looks like we got TRM and Scott Girvan in there. As long as Ken Abrams and a few other don't join some of us may have a fighting chance at 3rd... ;D

<attempting my best jedi mind trick> You all want to build tanks; heavily weathered tanks. No wingy things. ;D

I might spoil the wingy Category JMac :D lol

Adam, I already pulled the kit out of the stash, I may have to throw a coin and see where it land :p

John (Grendel) you just gave me a cool idea lol

Cheers!!!

Hi
I suscribe to the forum over a year ago, I never participate, but read and look around a lot and pick up real good tips here. But this year I decide to give it a try.
I will be building Revell 1937 Ford Pickup 2n1, pretty much oob, maybe except for mags and tires.
Big challenge ahead, never done a complete kit in a so short time, but I'm looking forward to it.

Hulk

I am thinking of doing something with a lot more scratch-building, and stuff, but would also like to build an additional something stock.... However, my first item may take longer and be more extensive. :/

Eastrock said:
JMac said:
adampolo13 said:
Hey ER, guess all of us going in the Wingy cat will have to raise our games a bit. Looks like we got TRM and Scott Girvan in there. As long as Ken Abrams and a few other don't join some of us may have a fighting chance at 3rd... ;D

<attempting my best jedi mind trick> You all want to build tanks; heavily weathered tanks. No wingy things. ;D

I might spoil the wingy Category JMac :D lol

Adam, I already pulled the kit out of the stash, I may have to throw a coin and see where it land :p

John (Grendel) you just gave me a cool idea lol

Cheers!!!

Smack head:: I am NOT suppose to give anyone ideas at the start of the contest....

;)

ModelMakerMike said:
I am thinking of doing something with a lot more scratch-building, and stuff, but would also like to build an additional something stock.... However, my first item may take longer and be more extensive. :/

I know you enjoyed your build from last year. Just do something fun. That is what I am doing....

Guys, I'm doing six builds for the main categories, 3 Air and 3 Sci-fi.

The 3 sci-fi I have decided on:
1/4222 Dominator-class Star Destroyer (MPC conversion)
1/350 Action VI Transport
1/1000 Olympic Carrier x2 set
The last two I had a small hand in designing so I'm kind psyched to break them out...

and 2/3 Air:
1/48 MiG-21MF (Egyptian)
1/72 Su-30MKK (Chinese maybe...)

The third I'm not sure yet...maybe 1/72 Su-22, 1/48 F-117 or even 1/48 P-51D.

I have the sci-fi stuff pulled and the resin scrubbed. I'll be sanding and scribing the ISD this weekend. Lighting is ordered. The planes have all the AM collected but I'm not quite ready to break the seal, so to speak.

6? when not do one and finish that first 6 seems well mad!

OK, ok, 6 I would LIKE to get done. I tend to build several at time so I figured I could do this. Only 2 of the six are actually "started"....so...mad, maybe. But methodical, too. :D :D

I actually started another one last night! A quick and dirty MQ-9 Reaper UAV...I'll post what I've started tonight or tomorrow, time availability pending. ;D

Latest posts

Back