COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

damn you lot.. i just spend the last while wathing all 9 episodes.......

They're great...the entire series is worth watching...I mean ALL of them.

Yup, it was a great way to pass an evening while I let my brushes soak in some restorer after finishing my group build project.

I saw a lot of the car builders use some sort of polishing compound (Finishers Materials For Creative Artists) to smooth out & gloss up their clear coats. Any idea what we might have available on this side of the pond for such a purpose?

Just registered and checked that out Todd. He did a sweet job on that base. Some great tips in there. Thanks!

JT does some really nice work. I will let him know and sen him a link to join up to the HERD! ;)

He does. I've seen some of his stuff on AK or Robs...or both. Coolness. Invite him over!

Glad you like the vids Scott.

I've used tooth paste as a buffing compound (the regular white stuff not the blue minty gel) bit messy but works fine.

Another trick for the flat tire effect i've seen but its only for plastic molded tyres.

Picture.jpg

You can pad out the pliers with tape so the teeth don't damage the tyre, be very careful of the steam because it can also burn you.

Gag

Cool trick Gag...thanks for posting.....

Thinking that would make an awesome T-shirt too...

Capture1-1.png

This is your 'Brian' on SMA.

Classic typo humor!

:eek:......................... ;D........................Duh..................... :p

LOL. I've made that type more than twice.

+++

Minor update tonight. Our Freedom Fighter Friends kitbashed another Hilux enroute. Not sure if you can see it, but there's a layer or grey (primer we'll call it) and then white. Lots of AK Fluid between each layer. Going for...depth.

3746.jpg

That looking nice Scott!!! The depth is growing...layer...layer...layer..... ;)

Thanks guys. I made a decal of the 'red flame-ish' stripes you've all seen on the white technicals. Gonna add that to that white door.

Maybe a big flag on the hood too. Not sure. Seeing how it's already glued down I can't really get it under the back of the hood...

You are sure Zoominn through this one... nice !

Scott is on Fire !!!! once more !

Later ! can't wait for the final !!! its gonna be Epic !

Thanks Norm. Epic? Well if I finish it that would be epic. LOL.

+++
Tire Bulge
I picked up some 1/72 threaded bolts, washers and nuts from the local HO Railroad shop. Drilled out the rim and tire, insert the bolt, washer and tighten the nut. Instant bulge.

Do you think it's worth it? Visible difference?

3747.jpg

3748.jpg

3749.jpg

Scott, It is subtle, but still noticeable. Give the slight impression of weight to the tire!!! Very cool trick!! ;)

Totally subtle. Nice thing about this is that I can 'crank' up the weight even more. Still doesn't bulge out a ton, but I can vary the front vs. rear tires.

Latest posts

Back