Christmas Trees

My mom put bells on it thinking it would keep the cats off. They just play with the bells.

Dusky said:
Not mine, but probably what mine will look like soon enough.
7ef7837904129166dc135dbca31cbf36.jpg

One of my cats, Thunderpaws is living in the Christmas tree right now. No photos as of yet, but I will get to it, we have a Yoda tree topper, and numerous other geeky stuff on the tree.

It is our family tradition to put the tree up the Friday after Christmas, as well as decorate the yard. Expect a video of that sometime soon....

We went a bit nuts with the yard.

Grendels said:
It is our family tradition to put the tree up the Friday after Christmas, as well as decorate the yard.

Yo G! Why would you put the tree up after Christmas? LOL....I know you meant Thanksgiving. ::)

::)

That is what I meant......

Silly flu has me and I am not thinking straight......

Friday after Thanksgiving......

TRM said:
Yo G! Why would you put the tree up after Christmas?

Haven't you ever seen how cheap those things are after Christmas? lol

I have yet to put mine up, but mine is always a bit of a chore. A hike in the woods, Lots of digging followed by a lot of carrying/dragging and then temporary planting. Of course, I have a nice pine grove started off to the edge of my property from all the trees years past. ;)

I would love to do that except any Christmas trees we plant near the house will roast in the summer. We have 100+ weather for 2 months straight. Anything that is a proper Christmas tree won't really live with that. So we do the fake tree each year.

I don't want to know what the house would look like if we planted the fake ones outside each year....

Ken, you are so right, after Christmas those things are pretty cheap! Last year we got a 16ft inflatable Santa for the front yard for $49, they usually cost over $100

LOL...Nothing say Christmas more than a 16 foot inflatable Santa G!!! :eek:

Ha ha the other year I bought the carousel inflatable at Wally World not thinking anything about the price. I looked at it, liked it and it was one of those things where I just placed it under the cart and continued on. I went to pay and the bill was like $259 I was like wtf. I looked at the receipt walking through the parking lot and the inflatable was $127 I was like :eek: . Needless to say it lasted about two years and went bye byes. There hasn't been a replacement bought since LOL. Those inflatables are SPENDY ha ha. Just finished putting the christmas lights up earlier this afternoon. Will do the tree tomorrow evening. I'm not a big tree man myself so the wife and daughter do the tree.

Our front yard has 7 inflatibles. The 16ft Santa, Snoopy on his dog house flying about, Mickey and Mini mouse sending a letter to Santa, Frosty the snow man, a polar bear, a penguin and a Deer with a lizard on his head putting a Feliz Navidad sign on a Cactus.

This doesn't count the various other items out front, we even have a pink flamingo wearing a red stocking that is lit up with mini lights......

I haven't fixed the hula mouse yet, so she will get to join the others on Saturday when I can get her motor up and running.....

The Frosty the Snow man is over 8 years old and still working fine.

Needless to say,we go a bit overboard on the Christmas Decos.....

haha, I hear ya. Lights is one of the only parts of Christmas that I actually like and enjoy. One can never go overboard when it pretains to Christmas lights. I have a friend that every year puts up the lights that move to music. It was whicked awesome last year. He had people coming from other states to see his place. It was on the news and all. Bigtime operation. I forget how many thousands of lights he had up. Assuming he will be doing the same so if he does, Ill go over and video it all for ya guys to view. It was whicked awesome.

Ken Abrams said:
TRM said:

I have yet to put mine up, but mine is always a bit of a chore. A hike in the woods, Lots of digging followed by a lot of carrying/dragging and then temporary planting. Of course, I have a nice pine grove started off to the edge of my property from all the trees years past. ;)
another person who's Christmas mirrors griswolds..cant beat the smell of the tree in the house just make sure you dont bring a squirrel back in it with you

geegad said:
Ken Abrams said:
TRM said:

another person who's Christmas mirrors griswolds..cant beat the smell of the tree in the house just make sure you dont bring a squirrel back in it with you

and then of course the..........

5651649_std.jpg

issue! ;D

TBadger said:
image-114.jpg

You can see my T-90 up on the mantle :)

Looken Nice man. We just put our tree up this afternoon and by danged if the stupid star quit working so off to get another one this week sometime and were tree topless for the time being ha ha ha.

Great looking tree TBadger. Thats awesome you've got kits invading the rest of the house. Mine are stuck in the cave :mad:

This years Godzilla Christmas ornament:

IMG_20121201_135457.jpg
IMG_20121201_135945.jpg

He just went on the tree near all of the other ones. I am going to do a video of the Christmas decorations tonight, be on YouTube in a week or so...

Grendels that's big enough to be a tree top lol. That will pull the branch clean to the bottom from the top ha ha. Good stuff man. The better half wont allow me to put any other ornaments on the tree of such nature but she does allow me to put my Danbury Mint Penn State and Coca Cola ornaments on the tree. That's where I drew the line with ornaments ha ha. Those are a must. She and the little one can pick the rest of them lol.

That Godzilla looks like he's put on some pounds!
Well...he's getting old.
;D

Grendels said:
This years Godzilla Christmas ornament:

IMG_20121201_135457.jpg
IMG_20121201_135945.jpg

He just went on the tree near all of the other ones. I am going to do a video of the Christmas decorations tonight, be on YouTube in a week or so...

Glad none of those invoices are coming to my place ;D That would put a hurting to my model budget if they were ha ha ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back